Hardware requirements thin client

Hello,

I was wondering what are the hardware requirements for a thin client to play full HD with xibo signage player on windows.

with kind regards,

Ramon

Hard to say really, we do have some feedback here What is currently the best player hardware? and here Intel Stick Computer

Perhaps someone from community will have some more recommendations for you.

Thanks! Not exactly the answer i’m looking for, but I try to compare the hardware then.

Or do you have an recomendation for a cheap thin client ?

We don’t support a thin client setup - hence no recommendation.

The Player should be running on a small PC or Android device connected directly to the screen. That way content is kept local to the screen and will continue to run if there are network issues or problems with the CMS itself.

If you’re already running a large thin client environment, then I’d suggest you get whatever thin client you would use for graphics intensive applications. Xibo potentially plays back multiple videos simultaneously at Full HD resolutions so you’ll probably want decent graphics and gigabit bandwidth. They’re guesses though I’m afraid as it’s not a scenario we support or test.

Okay thanks, then I look what I’m going to do next.

What kind of hardware requirements do you need for a small pc then ?
and how much cache will the Xibo player take on the local disk ?

It depends.

Xibo for Windows will download and store all required files in the local library.

So if you use for example a lot of big videos, then that library would be quite big.
If you don’t then it won’t take too much space.