Go beyond the Test api collection

hi

you can find a 12 call test api collection

but the collection of api call is more important

i would like import all this collection in postman how can i do it ?

thanks for you attention

We don’t have a full Postman collection with every API call available to download.

The collection in my Introduction to API guy is there to serve as a starting point as it should help you to create other calls by looking at the provided examples.

If you have a problem with specific API call that you want to create, please do let me know and I will explain that to you.

hi
i test a edit widget call api
the text changed in the designer and nothing in the display (i got a black screen along the schedule ) while i wrote a small text
and it turn to the default layout as excepted
to get the solution i have read a lot of posts and your’s answers
i noticed in the swagger collection they speak about form-data and you, you used url-encoded
how a newbie like me can find the right way to create a call ?

regards

You can have a look here Edit a Text Widget API

There was a problem with updating the change on the player, however that should be fixed few versions ago.

Of course for it to work you do need 1.8 series CMS (preferably 1.8.10), the XMR (push messages) and XTR (tasks) should also be configured and working.

hi

i’m confused why i got a black screen ? because of i was writting black on black…
it works but every time i send a call it takes about two minutes before i can see the result on the display
there’s no way to change the text instantly ?
i had experienced the change layout call and in fact the layout changes instantly
may i ask if the api call edit widget is useful if you have to do an api call layout change after for the edit widget change on the display instantly?

thanks for your help i’m glad to see it works

When you edit a widget, it will change the layout status, which means the maintenace task needs to run to build the layout, which will notify the player about the change - so player will download changed layout and show it.

Depending on the layout duration and if Expire modified layouts is enabled in the display profile, there might be a longer delay.

changeLayout call triggers display notify when you make the call.

That’s what I suspected, that’s why I also linked you the topic, in which there is an example that passes not only the text, but also some formatting in it.