First time user and Setup

Dear all,

I am new to this and I’ve come across this software by chance and I am trying to set this up.

Basically I have a hosting account with SiteGround, and their support is phenomenal, but apart from this, I am on the GoGeeky plan and therefore set-up the menu and the domain on this.

The issue I am having is setting up the software. I don’t find it straight forward. Initially I want to add 8 screens on this solution and have it all controlled in my sub-domain.

I am not sure if this software can do this, but I feel it can. The error I get from the logs is this:

[Tue Dec 26 13:00:14.494070 2017] [autoindex:error] [pid 21033] [client 82.35.140.39:42222] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/pluginpress/public_html/mydomain.co.uk/menu/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,Index.html,index.shtml,index.php,Index.php,index.phtml,Index.phtml,index.htm,Index.htm,default.htm,Default.htm,default.html,Default.html,home.htm,Home.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

I spoke to the hosting company and they informed me the error message was due to having an empty folder without a root file which can be readable. In other words, without a .html file or something similar.

Can anybody please assist me? I’ve tried to read the help files, but I can’t understand what I have to go. I wish there was a video for this.

Xibo isn’t well suited to use in a shared hosting scenario. It requires configuration on the server side to be changed, as well as long-running PHP server process to run, which isn’t normally possible in that environment.

If you’re non-technical, and just want to use the software, then the project sponsor offers hosting of the Xibo CMS as a service, which includes access to support should you have any problems.

If you want to run the server yourself, then the recommended way is with Docker, and a Linux VPS (available from Digital Ocean, Vultr etc). There’s a guide to getting everything running in the “Guides” section, or alternatively the project sponsors will install it for you on your own VPS for a small fee.

With regard to your error message, there is no “menu” directory in Xibo, so I suspect you don’t have the URL rewriting rules setup properly. I really don’t see the environment you have being viable however.