Failed to start Xibo CMS using Docker

I have installed Xibo onto Centos 7 using Docker following the CMS Installation instructions.

When trying to start I get the following error:

docker-compose up -d
xibodocker_cms-db_1 is up-to-date
xibodocker_cms-xmr_1 is up-to-date
Starting xibodocker_cms-web_1

ERROR: for cms-web Cannot start service cms-web: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint xibodocker_cms-web_1 (fefa514d564d907a6366d64c781d93213c0a4d28ad9f754f1f96c08b48c7a456): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Can someone help?

I need this for a demo.

Regards,
Shahid

You already have a webserver running on port 80 of your machine.

You need to either stop that running, so port 80 is free, or move Xibo on to a different port by following the section of the CMS install guide in the manual that covers using different ports.

This is a very recursive question.

Do you mean common question?

It’s been asked a few times. People don’t always search for the error message they get sadly.

Please accept my apologies. I realised almost as soon as I posted the question.

I installed the web server which I need to remove.

In rushing the install for a demo I installed Apache and MariaDB which I realise now I don’t need for a basic Xibo CMS.

I think it might be worth putting a note at the start of the CMS Install guide that unlike the old install the web server and database are part of the Container.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Yes, I think it could be useful to update the CMS installation guide with this specific error under the section “Using different ports”

I had the same problem during the 1st installation, thx to Alex that redirected me to a resolutive post here.
Usually linux boxes come with Apache preinstalled on port 80 => Xibo docker fails to start

My experience is that you can write caveats in the manual to your hearts content, but you can’t assume people will read them.

Similarly, you can answer questions here over and over, and people won’t search for the error they get. Indeed @DZAUKER had you searched for the error you got in your last thread you would have found the thread I linked you to, which explained the issue you were having.

Apache doesn’t come pre-installed with any Linux distribution I’ve ever used, unless you specifically select it to during the install. If, as the guide says, you start with an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server, then Apache isn’t there by default.

1 Like
1 Like

I went into similar issue on my hosted enviroment, however in my case i have set cms_custom-ports.yml to listen to - “127.0.0.1:8080:80”
However when tring to start xib using docker-compose im still getting same error, although the xibo should be listening to the loopback NIC (lo) only…

any ideas?