Errors after upgrading to rc3

Hello gentlemen,

I’m auditing a Windows 10 machine and I’m seeing this error in the logs after upgrading from RC2 to RC3.

SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'page' at row 18

I changed the ‘page’ from VARCHAR(50) to VARCHAR(100), and now the error seems to be gone. The weird thing is that the value that was stored into that column was “SubmitLog”, a value way under 50 characters. Maybe there is some kind of weird padding on that value when it’s being stored?

P.S. This relates to Content error - "SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'page' at row 1"

That seems odd - for 2 reasons - firstly the reason you identified, but secondly because Client logging doesn’t get recorded with SubmitLog.

I suspect that the actual problem is hidden away - SubmitLog records the entire log packet, and then each message is individually recorded also.

In either case, the data should be trimmed before insert.

:bug: report

Hi Dan,

We might want to explore this further. I captured a Debug log that shows the error occurring with XMDS doing a SubmitLog function. Here’s an example:

646 1ddf41f 2017-03-01 11:28:25 XMDS ERROR SubmitLog POST SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column ‘page’ at row 1 0 6

If you’d like me to send you the Debug log file, please let me know the best way to do that.

All I did for now was completely disable logging on the clients, hoping that the other threads around this would produce a defect that would get fixed in 1.8’s final release. But as always, I’m happy to help however I can. Please let me know.

Pete

I am sure it is as simple as a log statement being introduced in the player which exceeds the 50 character limit. I’ve added some logic to truncate that to 50 characters before insert, which should fix the issue (the log message will get logged).

1 Like