Error during upgrading from Xibo 1.8.0 rc-2 to Xibo 1.8.0 stable version

Hi,

I’ve Xibo 1.8.0rc-2 installed on Ubuntu 16.04 that I’m trying to upgrade to Xibo 1.8.0 stable version using instruction found in:

http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/release_notes_1.8.0-rc3.html#requirements - Changes to Docker

When I try docker-compose up, I get the following message:

ERROR: In file ‘./docker-compose.yml’ service ‘version’ doesn’t have any configuration options. All top level keys in you docker-compose.yml must map to a dictionary of configuration options.

Did I miss a anything?

Thank you very much for your support!

Can you run docker-compose config --services and see what you get?

Also, what OS are you running on? If it’s Windows, @alex opened a bug relating to the version key the other day.

Have a look at this topic - My Xibo rc3 blew up

I believe that’s the same error and Alex did explain why that happened.

For new installations (and some general tips) on ubuntu please see Xibo 1.8.0 with Docker on Ubuntu 16.04

1 Like

Thank you very much for your support. I’m on Ubuntu 16.04 as it say in the original post. I couldn’t run docker-compose config --services.I got a message, No such command: config
with a list of commands below such as bhuild, help, kill etc.

This means that the version of docker-compose you have on Ubuntu is not of a high enough version.

If you look at the docker-compose release page: Release 1.12.0 · docker/compose · GitHub and run the commands listed there, then that should be upgraded and you’ll be able to run docker-compose up -d

1 Like

Sorry @Imran_Rasheed, I missed your OS in the original post.

Upgrading docker-compose as @dan suggested should do the trick!

2 Likes