Error during upgrading from Xibo 1.8.0 rc-2 to Xibo 1.8.0 stable version

Hi,

I’ve Xibo 1.8.0rc-2 installed on Ubuntu 16.04 that I’m trying to upgrade to Xibo 1.8.0 stable version using instruction found in:

http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/release_notes_1.8.0-rc3.html#requirements - Changes to Docker

When I try docker-compose up, I get the following message:

ERROR: In file ‘./docker-compose.yml’ service ‘version’ doesn’t have any configuration options. All top level keys in you docker-compose.yml must map to a dictionary of configuration options.

Did I miss a anything?

Thank you very much for your support!

Can you run docker-compose config --services and see what you get?

Also, what OS are you running on? If it’s Windows, @alex opened a bug relating to the version key the other day.

Have a look at this topic - My Xibo rc3 blew up

I believe that’s the same error and Alex did explain why that happened.

For new installations (and some general tips) on ubuntu please see Xibo 1.8.0 with Docker on Ubuntu 16.04

Thank you very much for your support. I’m on Ubuntu 16.04 as it say in the original post. I couldn’t run docker-compose config --services.I got a message, No such command: config
with a list of commands below such as bhuild, help, kill etc.

This means that the version of docker-compose you have on Ubuntu is not of a high enough version.

If you look at the docker-compose release page: Release 1.12.0 · docker/compose · GitHub and run the commands listed there, then that should be upgraded and you’ll be able to run docker-compose up -d

Sorry @Imran_Rasheed, I missed your OS in the original post.

Upgrading docker-compose as @dan suggested should do the trick!