Easiest way to add one single file on all or selected display/layouts?

Hi,
I want to add video to all my layouts/displays.
Tried to find this option but I could not figure out how?

Please advise

You’d need to add it directly on each layout I’m afraid.

If you have some older files on your layouts and then you’d like to replace them with the new one, then that can be done from the CMS library page -> edit media -> select/upload new media -> check ‘Update this media in all layouts it is assigned to?’

This is good option with replace.

There is no other method, perhaps with a campaign or something by combining several layouts?

Ivan,
I find it unclean what you ultimately want. If you simply desire one media item to display on all displays not requiring it to be added to each actually layout that you might have associated as default on each display, I believe you should be able to create a layout with the content you wish to show on all displays and schedule it to run on all displays. When scheduling you can set the layout as a higher priority and/or Display Order.

I also find that you might be able to ‘combat’ this by potentially modifying how you structure your layouts. With my ~40 displays I create a default layout that is set as default. This layout will present content only for a specific area (department or break room area). Additionally, I have layouts for different departments (i.e. Human Resources, Logistics, Special Events, Announcements, etc) and I simply schedule them for the duration, frequency, and displays I want each layout to show for.

Sorry if this info doesn’t help.

1 Like

Ok,
i have also about 40 display location and on all of them for exemple i want to show 10 same media files. But on every display i want also to show content only for specific display (or group of displays). Is this possible and how play default layout for all displays and layouts for each display?

Ivan, it is possible to do what you are asking.
First, lets tackle the default layout. The default layout is what will be displayed on a display without the need to schedule it or if all scheduled content has expired. This is a layout that you should use to display static content that will likely never change or that is display specific. (Note: Under the settings of each display there is an ‘Interleave’ option. This will alternate the default display and schedule content/layouts)

Second, to accomplish what you wish to do with the 10 media files. I would personally look at this as an ‘event’ of sorts. An example would be: Company Holiday Event. I would create a layout titled company_holiday, add the media an content you wish, then schedule the layout to all the displays you wish to show the content.

Now, lets say you scheduled it for two weeks. Depending on whether or not the display has Interleave enabled, it will display the company_holiday and the default layouts alternating for two weeks. After two weeks it will only display you default layout. Additional options included repeating layouts at specific intervals, setting layout priority or display order which is done when scheduling the layout.

1 Like