DSDevices DSCS9 device name?

Hi guys,
We just recently launched our Xibo CMS, placing signage at convenience stores as menu boards and advertising space. Initially we used Intel ComputeSticks (STK2M3W64CC) because it was easy to set those up and it supported a USB cellular modem out of the box. However the cost vs. the DSCS9 makes it hard to justify, and we are getting buy-in from our customers to leverage their Wi-Fi networks.
Okay, the introduction out of the way, on with my real question. The DSCS9 comes with a name of “DSCS9” or you can choose from about five other predefined names. How the heck can I give each device a meaningful name?

You can change the name of the Display to anything you like. Once the Display is connected, select the Displays option in the CMS and click the down facing arrow at the end of the Display row you wish to change. Select Edit from the drop down menu to open the Edit Display window. This is where you can change the display name.

Many Thanks.

Thanks for the pointer Dan, but unfortunately that does not change the name of the device. It changes the label (or name if you will) that you see in the CMS, but the device itself is still named “DSCS9” (Settings -> General -> Device Name).
So far I have been making that name update in the CMS as I’ve brought players online, and it is working, but it is less than ideal. I am coming at this from a network administrator angle, where the device name is what shows up in the DHCP pool, in DNS, in Bluetooth searches, MDM, etc. Yes I can apply an alias (for lack of a better term) in some of those systems, but the long term maintenance of aliasing every signage player in each of multiple systems is staggering. It would work much better if the device itself could have a meaningful name.
For now (and for as long as is needed) I will be continuing to make the change just as you describe, but my question still stands: how can I change the name of the device itself?

Thank you for your reply, my apologies for the confusion.

I have taken a closer look at my DSCS9 box and I cannot see an option to change the device name in the Settings. It appears the option is not available to change the device name, I would recommend contacting DSDevices for more support.

Many Thanks.

Thanks Dan, I will definitely do that. I appreciate you taking the time to look into it for me.

You’re welcome. I hope that they’re able to provide a solution for you.

Many Thanks.