Docker v2.0.4 powershell errors

I started to install cms using docker.But I stuck at this stage.Can someone help me?
docker%20compose%20code !

error%20powershell

Thank you for your message. Where did you get the yml file you are using in your screenshot? I have downloaded a new copy of the 2.0.4 files for a Docker setup and I cannot see a yml file that matches the one you have shown.

When you first extract/unzip your xibo-docker.zip file (you mentioned Powershell so I am assuming this is a Windows installation? If I am wrong please do correct me and confirm the Operating System you are using), there are a number of yml files in the folder. You can see them highlighted in blue in the below screenshot:

This is what those yml files look like when opened in an Editor:

The docker-compose.yml file, for a standard installation using default values, which is already configured:

The cms_remote-mysql.yml for use with a Docker setup using a remote mySQL database:

The cms_custom_ports.yml.template file, which is very similar to the docker-compose.yml but reserved for users who intend to change the Ports being used by the containers:

There are a few noticeable differences with your yml file, for example, you have a random exclamation mark on the same line where it states MYSQL_USER=cms, which could generate an error.

Your yml also has the cms-db service, for your mySQL database container, the cms-xmr service for your Push messaging container but I cannot see a cms-web service for your CMS. You will need a cms-web service or you will not have a CMS.

You have also entered a command incorrectly into the middle of your yml. That command needs to be in line with your mem_limit and env_file entries but it is actually in line with services. That needs to be removed or corrected. Please note that it needs to be in line using the space bar, not tab.

If you are not familiar with Docker or this is your first installation of the CMS, I would recommend using the docker-compose.yml file you are provided in the installation files for your Docker setup, without making modifications. The file has already been configured for the user so you should not need to make any changes to it.

Also are you following our Guide for installing using Docker? If not here is the installation guide page:

Many Thanks.

thank you so much for this answer.it is very clear.

ı get it from the website

yes you are right I am using windows 8

this exclamation mark is not in the screenshot.it is out of screenshot.this is my fault.sorry

it is already in the code section but I did not tak it in screenshot

I found my mistake.thank you so much.but now ı have another problem

yes you are right.I started to work 3 days ago in a company that work on digital signage.I am very new yet.but this sentence get me confuse (((( Check your shared folder

At this point, you should check to ensure that a shared folder has been created inside your installation folder and contains subfolders for cms, db and backup. If it hasn’t, then it might be that Docker Toolbox doesn’t have permission to create the files on your system. To solve this problem you need to add command: --innodb_use_native_aio=0 to bottom of your cms-db service block in your docker-compose.yml file.)))) when will I do that?

the english meaning of sentence that under the “configuration problem” is library is not writable

my new error :smile:
Fatal Error - sorry this shouldn’t happen. SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘cms’@‘172.18.0.4’ (using password: YES) what should I do

Thank you for all of the information you have passed on and the answers to my questions.

The Library not writable error you are seeing would suggest there is an issue with your shared volume for your Docker CMS setup. I would recommend checking the permissions on that location to make sure that it is indeed configured for Read and Write. You may also want to un-share and re-share the C drive in your Docker settings.

There are many possible causes for the second error you mentioned, at this point I would suggest downing the container and starting this section again with the below advice in mind.

It is possible that part of the issue you are experiencing is due to running the docker-compose up -d command using Powershell. When using Docker Toolbox based installations, you should instead use the Docker Toolbox Quickstart Terminal. I can see that the installation manual states that to run the command using Powershell but this is a typo in the Guide. I have passed this on to the relevant department so that the mistake can be corrected. My apologies for the confusion.

Further up the Guide you can see that it states " you will need to use the Docker Toolbox Quickstart Terminal command prompt. You cannot use the Windows Command prompt or PowerShell. You’ll find a link to the Quickstart Terminal on your Desktop." This is the tool you should be using to complete the setup of your CMS. I would suggest retracing your steps using the Install guide and making sure everything has been set up correctly but using the Toolbox terminal to run the appropriate commands.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

ups
toolbox
@DanBW

Thanks for the screenshot, it looks like you are in the C:\Program Files\Docker Toolbox directory which does not contain your docker-compose.yml file.

Your earlier Powershell command suggested that your docker-compose.yml file could be in the C:\Users\Talha\Xibo\xibo-docker-2.0.4directory. I would recommend making a note of the full directory your docker-compose.yml file is in and using the cd command to change to that directory. Once it states that you are in the same location as your docker compose file, then try the up command.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

I can see that my last post has been marked as a solution, great to know that you’re now up and running!

Hope all goes well with the new job, I’m sure you’ll be up to speed in no time. I hope you don’t mind but here’s some links to the User and Administrator documentation just in case, there’s a lot of information in there that will help to familiarise yourself with Xibo:

https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup
https://xibo.org.uk/manual

Many Thanks.

Many Thanks.

yessss we made it :slightly_smiling_face::muscle:

1 Like

#ask
hallo, i have similar problem with you, but i’m running in UBUNTU machines, please need advice for solution

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.