Docker disappeared after failed update, reinstalled but xibo content lost?

I installed Xibo / Docker a few weeks ago and have been configuring it to replace our old Xampp version.

This week, Docker announced it had an update available, and I chose to install it. (in retrospect, a poor choice)

Our system policies prevented the update from running, so the update failed.
I was a little busy but noticed the next day that the docker icon was no longer on the desktop, and the and tray process was not running. There was a Docker folder in Program Files, but it was empty.

I reinstalled Docker from a download, and Xibo appears to be installed, and all my previous Docker config (including proxy settings) are there. However, I wasn’t able to log in to Xibo. I tried the default password and found that the Xibo installation had been reset and I’ve lost all my content. This is the second time in two weeks the installation has reset to defaults.

Can anyone please explain why this is happening and how I can restore my installation?

Thanks
Jo

Fixed with docker compose start, which from other posts I see needs to be done manually each time the computer restarts? Is this a fault?

It’s a bug with Docker for Windows, and is noted in the setup documentation.

There is some action from the Docker project to resolve this, so I’m hopeful.

If you want a work around in the interim, see

1 Like

Thanks, I may try that when I have time this week.
Jo