Display Update Intervals

Hi,

We currently have a number of display screens that check into the cloud console each minute successfully and show a healthy status.

We have a schedule that runs continuously on the screens that we update on a daily basis.

When a change is made to the layout and applied it can take minutes/hours/days for the screens to pick up the change made. There does not appear to be any consistency to the amount of time taken but is often over 4 hours and all screens update at once.

We have checked and they are not being blocked through the firewall and all software is up to date on the devices.

We have found that if we reconnect to the cms or reboot the device they will pick up the new layout instantly so it appears we may have missed a setting to control how often it pulls down the latest update.

Ive read through the guides and checked through the available settings in the xibo dashboard but i am unable to resolve the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ash

Do you have some really long durations on your layout?
You might want to also enable ‘Expire modified layouts’ in display profile settings.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick response.

All of the layout transitions are 6 seconds and we have a maximum of 10 items shown.

Could you point me in the direction of the “Expire Modified layouts” setting as ive just gone through all of the settings i have available and couldn’t seem to find that particular one.

Kind Regards

Ash

Hi Peter,

I can see the Expire Modified Layouts in the display advanced page but i dont have the option to make a change to the setting as it isnt visible in Display Settings Advanced.

Kind Regards

Ash

It’s on the Display Settings page - not the main CMS settings.

Left menu -> Display Settings

Then pick the Display Settings Profile you’re using with your Players, and edit in there.

Thanks Alex/Peter,

Not sure how i missed that tick box in the middle of the screen. Thats done the trick and has updated within 1 minute on all of the screens.

Kind Regards

Ash