Digisign PC wont see the CMS Server and cant ping the IP

Hi.

I have set up the Xibo with docker on a windows 7 PC. I have launched it and all seems working and I have created content. Tested it locally on that pc with the Xibo player and works fine.

When I have installed the Xibo player on another PC it cannot see the Server PC. I have checked that the Docker setting have been set for port forwarding and they have. The PCs also dont have a firewall enabled. They are both located within a domain at a school.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I may be new here at Xibo but this sounds like a standard networking issue. Start at some point between the CMS and the Player (like your workstation) and follow the trail.

Do the W7, CMS and Player machines all have an IP address, and are the Default Gateway and Subnet Mask the same?
Does your workstation get the same IP settings?
From your workstation can you ping the W7 box?
From your workstation can you ping the CMS?
From your workstation can you ping the Player?
Are you pinging the IP or the name? If you’re trying to ping the host name try pinging the IP instead.
Are there any VLANs involved?

Can you provide more information when you say that the Xibo Player cannot see the server PC?

When setting up your Xibo for Windows Player, you will have entered the CMS URL or IP address and CMS Key, into the Xibo Player Options application. Can you confirm what message you are receiving when you click Save?

Many Thanks.

Hi.

Sorry i havent gotten back to you. I managed to resolve this issue. Cheers for your help

This email and attachments sent with it are intended only for the named recipient. If you are not that person please telephone or email the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content nor take, retain or distribute any copies. Please delete this message immediately from your computer. No responsibility is accepted by United Learning or any associated entity for the contents of e-mails unconnected with their business. No responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage caused due to any virus attached to this email.

United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity) Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12.

Registered Office:

World Wide House

Peterborough

PE3 6SB

United Kingdom

A subsidiary of The United Church Schools Foundation, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales No. 00018582. Charity No. 313999

Thank you for confirming the issue is resolved.

Many Thanks.