Default Layout always plays as content in campaign

I have been having an issue with the default layout always inserting itself into all of my campaigns.

It is not added as a layout in the campaign. I have verified default layout interleaving has been disabled.

Is this expected behavior or am I doing something wrong?

If the Interleave default isn’t enabled, then the default layout would need to be scheduled for it appear on the screen when other layouts are also scheduled.

Which CMS and player version are you using please?

Interleave default is definitely disabled and the default is not in the rotation.

I am using 1.8.8 client software and 1.8.9 server software.

We would need to see a screenshot of status window then please.
(Press i on your keyboard to show the status windows while Xibo for Windows has focus).

You can also check the schedule.xml file and see if it has the content it should - you can also double check CMS Schedule page Agenda view to ensure default layout is not scheduled.

Status Window

Schedule.xml is populated with data that looks to be proper.

The Agenda view does not have the default layout in it.

I assume the default layout is layout ID 1?
If that’s the case, then it seems to be in the schedule, from the looks of it either as interleave default or with always daypart.

Or is the default layout with different ID that isn’t on the list there? In this case I’d not expect the player to play it.

Interleave default is definitely set to “No”.

In the always daypart I only see permissions, no options to change but the schedule is set to use a custom daypart.

I changed to a custom default layout and the problem went away.

It seemed to only be an issue with the out-of-the-box default layout.

As an additional question, is there an option to set default layouts on display groups instead of individual players?

No, but you can set the global default layout in CMS Settings → Displays page.

On the Displays page, you can also use the Select All and then With Selected → set default layout

^ That’s assuming you’re running 1.8.10, as there was a bug with it in earlier versions Displays: Set default layout multi select only shows 10 layouts · Issue #1539 · xibosignage/xibo · GitHub