DataSet Page Transitions

Hey guys,

We have a layout with four Data Set views, most of which have multiple pages, running on Android build 62. Unfortunately, the fades for the views go out of sync even though they have the same duration and started at the exact same time.

Have you guys seen this before? If so, how did you correct it?

I’d honestly be okay if I could disable the fade transition between pages to make it less resource intensive, but I don’t see an option to do that either.

Display synchronization is not possible with Xibo. Many things can play into how fast media is loaded and rendered on a device. Something at some point on one, both, or more system is causing variations on how fast media is being loaded and rendered to the display. This is normal and will happen on any system, even if one is a clone of the other.

There is no way to correct what is happening, because as Xibo is currently, it does not provide support for synchronized playback. If I remember correctly this might be addressed in version 1.9, which won’t be release for sometime from now. (1.8 hasn’t even been released.)

Thanks for the reply… I know I can’t synchronize displays. I’m trying to synchronize items in a single layout in this case.

Sorry, I misunderstood. After re-reading your post, it should have been clear to me what you are after.

The issue of the transitions and timing has come up before. I tried to search the community for it, but I am unable to find the thread at the moment. If I remember correctly there was not a way to correct the issue.

Sorry I cannot provide better feed back.

Each of the dataset views is standalone and there’s no mechanism to ensure they’re synced across the layout.

Okay, is there also no mechanism for preloading and instantiating the content before it is shown? It seems the the main thing creating the problem is that the content does not start at the same time when the content is loading. Could caching alleviate some of the problem?

Also, is there a way to disable the fade between pages?

Datasets are stored as flat HTML files on your device. It is as cached as it can be already. The software loads them and runs them as the layout is built. Synchronisation between regions isn’t a feature we claim and isn’t currently on the roadmap.

No there is no setting to disable the fades. If you wanted that, you would need to add a post in the Features category please. You could get what you wanted though by defining mutiple dataset views one after the other in the region timeline, and limiting them to a fixed number/offset so they show a page each.