Countdown theme and color

To be completed by the original poster:

CMS Version

Specify the full CMS version you are using, including the revision number.

Player Type

Include the Player type you are using.
Windows

Player Version

Include the full version, including the revision number.
Latest

Issue

Please provide full details as to the issue you are experiencing, include screenshots where possible.

I don’t see the CSS override or a way to edit the countdown timer color or template. Is this no longer a feature?

1 Like

Hi vashadow, thank you for your post and my apologies for the delay responding to you.

You are indeed correct that the styling options for the countdown timer widget are not currently available in CMS version 4. The developers have confirmed that this will be added to a future CMS release. Here is a link to the issue report for that addition, which you can track using that link.

In the meantime, it is possible to create a custom module of the countdown widget that will have the styling you want. I’m aware this quite an advanced solution that may not be suitable for you. If you do decide to try that, or any other users reading this post, here is the documentation for creating a module, and you can find the XML for the existing countdown timer here.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,
I’m facing the same issue. I saw in the module list a countdown customised but can’t see it in the layout designer.

So I tried to create one with the link provided. Just create the xml file “coundown days” and just rename it “Coundown days new”.

Ok I create my first module… but I don’t knw how it will be possible to be able to customise it…
Your help will be apreciate.

Version 4.0.6
Best regards

HI Philippe_Reaud.

You can see in the countdown timer XML that there are property entries for the colours of the timer in the XML:

There is also a style section of the XML where you can make adjustments too:

You need to change the colours used in the XML to what you want to use, then upload that modified template to your CMS as you did with Countdown - Days New.

Have you made any changes to the template XML? If yes, what changes did you make before you added the template to your CMS?

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,

Thankyou for your answer. No change to the original xml file. It was just a test. I was looking for one the we can customise in the layout designer like we did in the v3.

Do you have one for the v4 ?

Best regards,
Philippe

My Profile

Philippe Réaud

Fondateur

T.

+687 27 22 84

www.visualcom.nc

Hi Philippe,

Customising the template/countdown timer cannot be done within the v4 CMS at this time, however that may change when 4.1 is released, which will include more functionality for creating templates within the CMS. For now, this is the method you can use to make changes to a template in version 4.

Many Thanks.

Noted,
Thanks Dan.
Congrats for your Job :wink:.
Will wait the 4.1.
BR

My Profile

Philippe Réaud

Fondateur

T.

+687 27 22 84

www.visualcom.nc