Connect Samsung TV over network to Xibo

Hi there!

I’m new with Xibo.
What I wnat to to: connect a Samsung UE65JU to Xibo using a Network Connection

I’ve tried to install the Android-app on the TV without success.
Is there any way to do what I want or do I Need to connect the TV over HDMI or similar with the Xibo-player?

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Samsung Smart TVs will most likely not let you install Xibo player on it, besides they do not use Android (or Windows) OS either, in most cases they use Samsung specific OS (or pre configured Samsung digital signage software). Even if they do run on Android, you will most likely not be able to install Xibo for Android on it as Xibo is not in the play store.
There could be ways around it, but that’s against Samsung ToS and is therefore not recommended.

As you said, you can use it as a TV connected to an android box (or windows PC) with Xibo client installed on it.

If you’re interested in android devices, please have a look at our recommended android hardware list.

Hi Peter,

thanks for your answer!
I had a look to the hardware list. Do you know if I can also use the Minix Neo X6?
I’ve only found the legacy X5 and X7 and an actual Z64.
Is the X6 also compatible?

Thanks,
Florian

It’s not on our recommended list, which does not necessary means that it’s bad or not suitable (you’re welcome to try it with your content to make sure it’s fine for your needs), but we’d recommend either z64 or one of the DSDevices, as that should guarantee optimal performance with Xibo.