Commands for xibo

Under the xibo comands tab what do i need to put in Reference

thanks

james

The reference field is used to enter an internal reference to the command, it is not the command itself.

I have created a command as an example, to explain the process:

In this example, I will create a reboot command for my Windows Player:

First I select the Commands option in my CMS and select Add Command.
I select a Name for the command and in Reference, I enter a single word as an internal reference. You must also include a description of the command.

Once I have saved the command, I then select the Display Settings option in the CMS. As I am setting up a Windows Player command, I select the down facing arrow at the end of the Windows Profile and choose the Edit option.

This opens the Edit Profile window. Select the Commands tab to reveal the command you have created. This is where you add the actual command you wish to run. As you can see in the image, I have added the reboot command for Windows. You can add a validation string if you wish, but this is not necessary.

Once you have clicked Save, the command setup is complete. You can now schedule your command in the Schedule option on your CMS. The process for doing this is the same as adding a layout or campaign Event, except you would change the Event Type field to Command. You can now select your command and create a schedule to your preference.

I hope this helps to understand how the command functionality is set up, if you have any issues, please let me know.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

This post has been helpful, and I was able to successfully test it on my DSCS9 device.

Excellent news, Iā€™m glad that this post helped you test the Command functionality on your DSCS9.

Many Thanks.

1 Like