Change logo xibo

Yes you can adjust the logo, providing you follow the requirements of the licence. I’m not a lawyer so I can’t offer you legal advice.

The short answer is you don’t. The CMS provides for you to override nearly any function or element of its design via a theme or via custom middleware. You should use one of those to make your changes.

The Docker setup provides for you to do so. Your custom middleware goes in the shared/cms/custom folder, and is configured via the shared/cms/custom/settings-custom.php file. Your theme goes in to shared/cms/web/theme/custom.

If you directly modify the CMS files, then when you come to upgrade, you won’t be able to as your changes will be lost.

1 Like

Thanks for help, I now understand more about it and docker.
However I found that the folder shared/cms is empty, there isn’t any default theme as mentioned in manual
Or I should download the default theme from other places?

shared/cms/ should contain at least the directories custom, library and web. If not, you have something wrong with your setup.

If it’s on Windows, likely you haven’t completed the drive sharing part of the setup.

As such, anything you upload in to the CMS will potentially be lost currently.

I installed CMS on Ubuntu with docker, there is a folder “custom” inside shared/cms/web/theme.
If there’s no default theme files for reference, how could I modify the theme?
There isn’t any guideline about CSS and how to change the original theme.

There is a default theme, but you said:

which you now say isn’t the case! I addressed that first since had that folder actually been empty as you said, then nothing you did with regard to making a theme would have made any difference.

With Docker images, the parts we provide are inside the container. The parts you provide (user data and configuration) are outside. It therefore follows that the default theme (that we provide) is inside the container.

When you create a theme, you override specific sections of it. You definitely don’t download a complete copy of the default theme, and drop it in the custom folder, because, again, that will cause issues come upgrade time.

You make very specific overrides for the things you want to change.

You can reference the default theme directly in the repo here:

Again, do not MODIFY the default theme. Instead follow the guidance in the manual to build a new theme that overrides just the things you want to change.

If you want to add CSS, then create a css folder in your theme, and then override the override.css file which we provide specifically for that purpose, and add your css code there.

1 Like

Ingles
Alex, and is it possible to change the logo mark only from the web version or also from the offline version?

Portugues
Alex, e possível alterar a logo marca somente da versão web ou também da versão offline?

You can apply a theme to a Cloud CMS, or to a locally hosted CMS.

If you’re applying to a Cloud CMS, then you specify that when you purchase the CMS, or raise a support ticket and we can retrospectively change the theme for you.

For a local CMS, the steps are outlined here.