Can't Find Screenshots

Where is the screenshot displayed after requesting a screenshot from a display? When I do request screenshot, I get a checkmark, but that’s it. I don’t really understand how it’s supposed to work.

I have 1.8.2. I installed it with Docker. Is XMR and ZeroMQ not already installed and configured?

Thanks

You need to enable “Thumbnail” in the list of columns on the display page. The Screenshot column shows whether a screenshot is currently pending, the thumbnail shows the result.

By default, screenshots are very small. You can increase the size in the Settings page, or per display profile using the Screen shot size setting.

Nothing is showing up. Do I need to set an XMR Public Address somewhere? In multiple locations?

You need to have XMR correctly configured for near-realtime screenshots yes.

You only need to set the XMR address in the CMS Settings page. The box on the Display Settings should always be empty unless you need to override the address on a per-display profile basis (for example if your CMS is multi-homed).

Clearly you’ll also need your XMR server to be up and running and properly configured. If you’re using Docker that has been done for you.

Thanks. I think I got it for the most part. The only thing I noticed is that screenshots show up for some of the displays but not all of them when I go through and request a screen shot for each.

Perhaps not all of your Players are v1.8? 1.7 series Players don’t have access to XMR so won’t be able to send a screenshot on demand.

They are all 1.8.2.

Also, was wondering what permissions are required for regular users to be able to request a screen shot.

The screenshot box is ticked, which means the Player didn’t return the screenshot. I’d suggest that XMR isn’t working on those. First step would be to edit them, and tick the “Reconfigure XMR” box. Wait for them to collect with the CMS (at which point they will return a screenshot anyway), and then try requesting a screenshot again.

If that still doesn’t work, then something is blocking the player connecting to the XMR service.

I tried “Reconfigure XMR” and it didn’t seem to work. If you have any ideas about where I can begin troubleshooting the connection to the XMR service, that might be helpful. I don’t expect you to dwell on this forever for me, though. Hopefully I’ll eventually be able to get it working. Thanks for your help.

The Player status screen shows the connection status to XMR, and when the last message was received. It will almost always show connected (because of the way ZMQ works), but you would expect to see the last message time within 30 seconds of “now”.

If it isn’t, then check the date and time are correct on your device, and failing that, something somewhere is preventing the Player connecting. Look at firewalls as a first step.