Cannot set the next Layout from the Schedule. Schedule Invalid

Hi Team,

We are using XIBO on XAMPP for Android TV(7.0). XIBO was working fine but due to some issues, we are only getting black screen now. I restarted the XIBO, XAMPP but nothing works. But when check the logs it says “Cannot set the next Layout from the Schedule. Schedule Invalid”.

We were using the same schedule and layout earlier and it was working fine. Could you please help us with this?

Hi vishalchouhan19, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to see you are experiencing this issue. I can see a couple of issues in your screenshots that I would recommend investigating.

The first thing I noticed is that your Android Player has not downloaded all of the files it requires for your schedule. If you look at the Required Files entry, 50 of the 51 of the files were downloaded, 1 is yet to be downloaded. Can you post a new screenshot of the Status logs as you have before so I can see if the final file has since downloaded?

Please also confirm:

• What version of CMS you are using.
  • Have you made any changes to your setup or Layouts recently that could help to understand the change of behaviour?
  • What type of content is included in your Layouts?
  • Is your Display regularly connecting to your CMS? If possible, could you provide a screenshot of the entry for this Display on the Displays option in your CMS?

On a side note, I also saw that the URL for your CMS contains /web in the address, which should not be there. Here is a link to the Prepare your Environment documentation, which will help to correct this:

https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/prepare-your-environment

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW,

Thank you for the reply. Per your email, please see the latest screenshot. XiBO%203

However, in the status logs it still says “Cannot set the next Layout from the Schedule. Schedule Invalid”

• What version of CMS you are using. Version 1.8.7
  • Have you made any changes to your setup or Layouts recently that could help to understand the change of behaviour? “NO”
  • What type of content is included in your Layouts?. “Plain background with clock”
  • Is your Display regularly connecting to your CMS?. If possible, could you provide a screenshot of the entry for this Display on the Displays option in your CMS? “It stay connected most of the time, please see the entire display screen (NOS LED1) on the attached screenshot”

I checked the help link and this is for Linux distribution and we are using XAMPP on windows. Additionally, we have always used CMS address http:///xibo/web on Android TV but I am not sure how it suddenly stops working.

Thank you for your screenshots and your further information about your setup.

My first recommendation would be to upgrade your CMS from version 1.8.7 to 1.8.13 to ensure you have all of the latest fixes and features for that version of CMS. Below is a link to the upgrade guides in case you need them for reference:

Guides
https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/upgrading-the-cms

Files for the upgrade

I also noticed that in your original message it said there were 51 required files for your current schedule, your most recent screenshots now say 52 instead, as well as one of the Layout IDs has now changed. What is the difference between Layout ID 26 which you originally had scheduled and Layout 22, which you have now scheduled?

Unfortunately I also cannot see the last section of the Status Logs from the Player but neither of your Layouts are listed under the Valid Layouts entry, can you show the rest of the status screen so I can see the last 5 errors and Invalid Layouts entries?

I can also see in the last image you provided, you are receiving a cURL error relating to your certificates, which will need to be resolved first. The error suggests that your certificate pem file is either not at that directory or that the directory to your pem file is incorrect. You can download a certificate from the below link, next make sure that directory listed in the error is correct and place the pem file there if there is not one already. If you find that the certificate pem file is there, then you will need to investigate what it is that is stopping the certificate from validating.

https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.