Cannot publish layout

Hi MAU-IT.

Powerpoint presentations are compatible with Xibo for Windows only. You will need to ensure you have a full licensed copy of Powerpoint installed on that PC. This guide explains how to configure Powerpoint and the registry file changes you will need to make:

Please follow option 3. Alternatively you can export the presentation as a video or PDF and use the corresponding widgets to display the PDF or video instead.

Many Thanks.

Hello @DanBW

Is it possible to use PowerPoint Viewer instead of a licensed version.

It must be a full Powerpoint installation that is licensed. This is also in part due to the registry changes you need to make.

Alternatively you can export your presentations as a video or PDF and use the relevant widget instead. This would save you needing a licensed copy of Powerpoint for each display device.

Many Thanks.

Hello @DanBW I converted a PPT to PDF and added it to my layout but nothing is displaying
Can you advise please

Hi MAU-IT.

Can you provide a screenshot of the entry for the layout in your CMS, showing that it is published and showing as valid?

Many Thanks.

Hello @DanBW
What I meant is I’ve not published the layout yet.
I’ve uploaded the PDF to the region but it stays blank

Thank you for clarifying you mean that it is not appearing in layout designer. Please can you go to the Modules menu in your CMS and click the Verify All button. If you return to your layout, does the PDF now appear?

If not, please try accessing the privacy settings in your browser and clear the cached data, then refresh the page. Does this help to resolve your issue?

Many Thanks.

It’s now appearing in layout designer but the pages are not changing to another.

@DanBW Ignore my previous message. It working
Thank you for the help

1 Like

Hello @DanBW
Is is possible to add a local video to the region ?
If yes can you guide me please.

Thank you

Hi MAU-IT.

You can add the local video widget to your layout in the same way you would for any other widget.
Once you have added into a region you will need to enter the full directory to the video file saved locally on the device you will be scheduling this layout to. You can see an example of a full directory path in my screenshot below.

After adding the widget and configuring it you will need to publish it again to finalise the changes you have made.

On a side note, please can you create a new post in the future for new queries/issues? The original issue for this post is resolved so it would be good to separate out these requests in the future,

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.