Cannot download from media library, certain assets not found, displays stuck on downloading files

Hey all,

My last CMS server with docker crashed and couldn’t be recovered. I made a new one using a backup of the latest sql file on apache2 with ubuntu 22.04 (not docker). I was able to install the CMS 4.0.9 successfully. However, I’m noticing some issues that I can’t figure out:

• All displays are stuck on “display is downloading new files”.
  • When I go to design a layout, the images for elements do not load (ex: asset/text-thumb).
  • When I go to media, and click Download for any video, it just downloads a file with 0 bytes.

I’m wondering if these are all related to some permissions issue? I checked and those files are all owned by www-data and I tried 777’ing some videos, but the download issue persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
-Matt

Try this steps from my post in another topic (Before and after the BaseURL part):

What is your Xibo Player version?

Hey Schweminska, thanks for responding! This server is linux based so I don’t think that can be the same issue as what I read in your linked post. Some players are on the old v3, but I tried some new test ones with the latest v4 as well.

Pardon, my bad. I should have read your second point more carefully.

Can you post your Apache Virtual Host configuration and some logs (Xibo CMS, Apache Access/Error Log)?

1. Is the path in CMS Settings → Library Location still correct and a fully qualified path?
  2. Have you used the Verify All from the Modules page under the Administration section of the CMS main menu to ensure all updates/enhancements are applied to all module file?

Look folder access rights where the media are downloaded.