Can I run a Xibo Player on my Raspberry Pi (all variants)

The short answer is “no”, I’m afraid you can’t.

We get asked about running Xibo Player on RPi a lot. Unfortunately, the hardware just isn’t suitable for our purposes. There isn’t enough performance in the device to run a full-featured Player.

What about the Raspberry Pi 3

Sorry, but we don’t think any model of the Raspberry Pi is suitable for our needs.

But I’ve seen downloadable images for a Xibo Player

Some time ago, the community ported the old Linux Player to run on the RPi. The Player does run, but is very very slow and isn’t of sufficient quality for us to be happy to support it as a viable Player. Due to the old Player version, you will be limited to a 1.4.x or 1.6.0 CMS and therefore won’t have access to alot of current functionality within Xibo.

But I can run Android on my RPi and then run Xibo for Android

We’ve had mixed reports about people running Xibo for Android on the RPi. It does work, but some have reported issues accessing the settings menu on that platform. The RPi is not on Spring Signage’s recommended hardware list for Xibo for Android, so it’s not a recommended platform to run on.

If you need a similar form-factor board to run Xibo for Android, test your specific application on an ODROID C1+. Spring Signage have tested that board and there are some minor issues, hence it’s not on their recommended hardware list. Extensive testing for your specific use case is therefore strongly advised.

I’ve heard I can run Windows 10 IoT on my RPi to run Xibo for Windows

I’m afraid you can’t. The RPi uses an ARM CPU, and Xibo for Windows is a 32 bit x86 application. You can’t run x86 binaries on ARM CPUs.

Using a Raspberry Pi 3 for running Xibo Client
Xibo RaspBerry pi 3 DONE, enjoy
I am looking of xibo client for raspberry pi 3
Want to find xibo client for linux
Windows 10 IoT x64
Running Xibo Player on the Raspberry Pi
Compatibilities between xibo client Linux and Xibo servers
Raspberry pi3 with XIBO
Xibo player in raspberry pi 3
Problème sur Linux Mint
1 Display only install
Running everything locally? Hardware-advice?