Calendar widget issues

Hi guys,
i have the same problem as mrc1986!

Configuration error
unable to download feed

Can we use Exchange calendar?
what else can we use?

Can you create a new post in the Support Channel Please, including the CMS version, install type (Docker or Custom)?

I would also recommend following the Report Fault wizard in your CMS and providing a troubleshoot zip file. You are welcome to send this privately to prevent private data being publicly posted.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,
thanks for the response,
i probably need to first understand the following because the mistake very well could caused by me.

• What type of calendars are supported?
  • How the calendar links should normally look like?
  • Will exchange calendar work, or is it just the google calendar?
  • Any available guides of how to?
  • Any example calendar that could be used for testing?

I am BTW using the latest CMS 1.8.11 and 1.8.10 players and my CMS is installed with Docker running on Linux.

Many thanks!

I have included a link below to the Manual Documentation for the Calendar Widget for more information.

https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/media_module_calendar.html

As mentioned previously, please do not continue to post on this Guide, if you have any further queries, please create a new post in the Support section of the Forum.

Many Thanks.

Thanks Dan!
i will check this and try again and will let you know the result.

Hi!
i still can’t make this work!
I have google calendar ical link which simply shows nothing, black screen with nothing in it.
any samples?

The sample in the start of this topic ain’t really helping.
Would be very nice to have some specific details about the calendar link.

I can’t get the calendar widget to display localized dates om CMS 1.8.

Tried a clock on the same layout which does show proper localized dates. Eg: the calendar widget with date format ‘D j F’ displays the english ‘Mon 22 October’ while the clock with date format ‘[dddd D MMMM YYYY]’ shows the correct string ‘maandag 22 oktober’.

Thanks,
Ronald

Hi guys,
any news on how to use calendar?

Thanks!!

Hi guys,

I have an error text :
Configuration error
unable to download feed

i want to use this module with my google calendar.

Do you have a solution ?

I am also still waiting for some feedback because i simply cannot make it work.

Hi. I am unable get the Calendar-Module to work aswell.
I’m running a CMS on a Web-Server (without docker) on Version 1.8.11. Player version is 1.8.10 (Windows).

Strange thing is: i don’t get the ‘unable to download feed’-message, it’s just blank.

Any advice?

Okay guys, i found a solution, at least its working for me:
Go to Modules -> Click the “Edit”-Button on fonts -> Check “Rebuild Fonts?” and “Preview Enabled?” -> Click Save. Once the Display collects again, the Calendar Module should be working again.

Kind regards

Thank you Martielch for your Rebuild Fonts suggestion.

Can Bluebell confirm whether they are still experiencing the same issue?

If so, please provide more information about how you have set up your Calendar Widget. If you are able to provide screenshots, that would also be helpful.

Many Thanks.

Thanks Martielch!
Yes!
it works!

However,
The look is just a text any samples or ideas of how to make it looking good?

Glad to hear that the issue is now resolved.

To make it look prettier, you will need to create a more elaborate Layout for your Calendar. You can do this by adding media items and a background image, as you would with any other Layout…

Many Thanks.

Thanks Dan! :smile:
Very much appreciated.

For the Layout i suggest you edit it by creating a custom stylsheet.
you can add one by visiting the advanced tab -> “Optional Stylesheet” in your calendar widget. It takes some CSS-Prgramming skills (of which i had none when i was doing mine) but heres an example:

.square{
    box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px white;
    border-radius: 18px;
    margin: auto;
    width: 600px;
    height: 170px;
    Background-color: #a5a5a5;
}

Then you go to your Template -> click on “Source” in the editor -> and add the following to your text:

<div class="square">
The Template
</div>

Then it should look like this:

<div class="square">
<p><span style="font-size:36px;"><span style="font-family:linear regular;"><span style="color:#000000;"><strong><span style="padding: 5px;">[StartDate]</span></strong> bis <strong>[EndDate]</strong></span></span></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:36px;"><span style="font-family:linear regular;"><em><span style="color:#000000;"><span style="padding: 5px;">[Description]</span></span></em></span></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:36px;"><span style="font-family:linear regular;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="padding: 5px;">[Location]</span></span></span></span></p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>
</div>

Remember: Everything that is between <div class="square"> and </div> will be formated according to your stylesheet.

Also “square” can be named anything, it just have to correlate to the name given in the optional stylesheet.

Kind regards

Thank you Martielch! :slight_smile:

1 Like