Calendar display methods

Help. I’ve got three ‘old’ Xibo installations, but they’re old (still running XAMPP). I’m trying to setup a new installation, and I’ve got it running (under Docker), but one of the first things I was going to do was install my PHP script that ‘printed out’ an RSS feed of the events from a Google Calendar. Hm… where do I install that script? Hm… how do I specify that script?

So, maybe lots has changed since I did a calendar on my ‘old’ installations…

How are others doing calendars? Is there documentation that I haven’t found yet? Is there a forum entry that lists options?

My script is working fine, but so far I can’t figure out how to call it… I’ll be visiting one of the installations and see how the RSS script used to work.

Thanks,

Kirby

OK, figured out that in powershell if I do a ‘docker ps’ it will list my containers. So the web container is xibo_cms-web_1, so I do a ‘docker -it xibo_cms-web_1 bash’, and it opens a shell for me… then I found the userscripts director, and did a cd ./var/www/cms/web/userscripts, and sure enough, there’s the script I build (google_cal_RSS.php). So I run it, (php google_cal_RSS.php), and of course, the ‘vendor’ installation that google had me create via ‘Composer’ isn’t there. So, my question now is: How do i get the Composer installation there? It would appear that Docker has ‘composer-like’ attributes, and maybe I would get the Google vendor directories there? Or do I just totally reinstall composer into the userscripts tree?

Oh, and if someone has a better calendar way, please respond! I saw the Google calendar ‘imbed’ trick, but that doesn’t show end times of the calendar entries.

Thanks, Kirby

So any custom PHP you need to run goes in shared/cms/userscripts directory. That automatically ends up at http://yourserver/userscripts where you can call it from your layouts as you did before.

If your code requires a vendor directory, then you’d simply copy those files in to a suitable location in userscrips - so for example you might make a folder shared/cms/userscripts/googlecalendar with your PHP code, and put your vendor files in shared/cms/userscripts/googlecalender/vendor

You’d then access that from your layouts as http://youserver/userscripts/googlecalender/myscript.php for example.

There’s no need to get shells inside the containers to add custom PHP scripts.