Browser for embedded webpages

Hey everyone !

At school, we’re using the newest version of the xibo cms on our own server and the newest version of the player on a Windows 7 PC. I embedded a webpage, with contains new JS, but can’t see it on display, after research, I came to the result, that the player uses IE v8.

My question, how can I cange the Browser to IE 11 or to Chrome, Firefox,...

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP !

Hi!

You’ll want to install IE 11 (if you haven’t already) and then make change in WIndows registry regarding browser emulation, as described here Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

Thanks Peter,
but I tried this already. It didn’t work ;/

So when you create a simple layout with webpage pointing to http://www.whatsmybrowser.org and schedule that to your player.

Does it show as IE 8 or 11?

It shows IE 8 :confused:

Peter Mis noreply@xibo.org.uk schrieb am Fr., 1. Apr. 2016, 09:56:

hmm did you change that registry key in the right part (depending on your OS architecture 32/64 bit it’s a bit different) as described in the post I linked earlier - Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

Also make sure that there isn’t a decimal/hexadecimal mistake.

Perhaps show us a screenshot of your register regarding XiboClient.exe

Can’t you just simply make this registry-setting a part of the installation Peter? That would make things a bit more “works out of the box”…

Hey,
THANK YOU, The post was very helpfull ! I was able to change the Browser. But I’ve another Problem with the Browser. The Browser is saying that there’s a Stack overflow at line 1559! I attach a picture from the Problem. Can you help me ? The Problem can’t be the website, because the normal IE don’t show the Problem!

Thank you again
Jan

The Problem:

We could - if everyone had IE11 installed.

If you don’t have the version of IE you configure installed then it causes problems.

Xibo just loads the website using the Internet Explorer ActiveX control. It has no input to it other than that, so it has to be an issue with the website I’m afraid.

Okay Thanks Alex. Can you say, what the Problem could be ? The Website works perfectly on every Browser also on normal IE 11… In general it’s an simple HTML site, which shows if an teacher is ill. Sometimes a lot of them arn’t in School, so the page is to long for Display. In Cases like this, the website uses JQuery so show first the start, then the content under screen border and so on.

I’m afraid I don’t know what’s wrong with a website I’ve never seen!

Xibo does no web rendering. We just pass on the URL you give us so I’m afraid the website itself will need to be fixed - whatever the issue is.

I expect it’s related to IE going in to compatibility mode or similar.

Something in that webpage is broken that causes an error on that specific line and will need to be fixed I’m afraid.

Hey I donˋt want to annoy,

I need your help ! Iˋm not able to find the problem from Website. Can you help me ? The URL is http://www.ratsgymnasium-gladbeck.de/vert/dispt_scrolltest.php the website should only scroll if the table is to long. I don´t know, how to fix the issue.

Thank You very very much
Jan Redlich

It looks ok to me on my PC ie the same way it does in the browser.

Are you certain that you changed the browser emulation settings correctly?
Could you download and import this layout run it on your Windows client and make sure it says it’s using IE11?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8mt0skh6a9hpr6/export_support-what-is-my-browser.zip?dl=1

I tried it earlier and the website says the browser is IE 11. If I test it in my IE 11 it also works only in Xibo it shows this strange error.

I really don’t know, where the problem is.