Blank Screen between Tickers

Hi there!

Is there way to remove the blank screen (2sec) between one screen (ticker) to other screen (video or ticker)?
I am using Android and in Windows this issue not happen.

CMS: 1.8.3
Client: 1.8.2

Thanks.

That will depend on the hardware, on Android you can try using TextureView (display settings -> display profile -> Troubleshooting) for the improved video playback assuming that your device supports it, you can also add transitions effects to the widgets.

On Windows there isn’t much you can do as it does not support transitions.

In both cases I’d expect the transition between widgets to be literally a blink, definitely not 2s, unless the video is really big or the ticker returns lots of items, then it might take time to load it depending on the hardware.

What android device are you using please? (mark, model, android version)

Hello Peter,

I am using the hardware A95x and Android 6.0

I will check the texture View soon.

Thank you

Hello Peter,

I am using Texture View and the blank screen continue show up.
Is there maybe some development can be fix it?

With texture view you can add transitions to the widgets, which should improve the playback or rather visual representation of it, you can also consider adding a layout background so that’s displayed during transition instead of the default black screen (which is the default layout background colour).

As I mentioned the transition between layouts or widgets on the layout should not take that much time, I don’t think we’ve tested the device that you’re using, but I’d expect it to show it without problems.

I’m happy to run your layout on some of our test devices, if you’d like to share it with me - you’d need to upload it somewhere and share the download link with me over private message.

Peter,

I sent to you the URL to donwload our layout in private.

Thank you very much.

I have your layout running, although there is no video on it, the RSS Feeds and some embedded images from CMS library are displayed pretty much as expected.

I’d add an effect to the ticker, in the Ticker options and perhaps add in/out transitions as well, but other than that it seems like a normal playback to me (side note, you might want to adjust the the font colour for the last ticker)

Peter, thanks for your test.
Could you please tell me what kind of the hardware did you use?

Thank you.

One of our recommended devices, the DSCS9.

Alright Peter, I will looking for this device here.
Thanks!

Happy New Year!

Hello Peter!

I need your help!
I did a lot of tests in many of players with different hardwares e specifications. One of them has the same hardware of DSCS9. The model is H96pro.

Also, I checked and re-rest all configuration possible in the CMS.

The blank screen continue like the video below.

<Link Expired>

Could you please send me a video like that with our playlist running in our hardware?

I can’t imagine where or how we can fix that blank screen.

Thank you.

The link you’ve posted has expired, for the future reference, please do send links to that service over private message to me please.

As for the black screen, as I’ve mentioned quick flash will be there, which can be improved by adding transitions and perhaps changing the layout background, that being said I’m happy to look at your video to see if the black screens stays for longer than usual.

Peter,

I sent in private the link with the video.
I have changed all transitions types and it didn’t solve the issue. If the case to pay a development, I agree and we can negotiate it.
For us the blank or flash between the screens is crucial and impact directly at our quality to our customers.

Thanks.