Autoplay video website Xibo 3.0

I have website being displayed that has a slider (Revolution) that works great except when it comes to a video, which does not play and just stays at a black screen until I reset the page or restart Xibo Player.

There must be a way to get the xibo browser to autoplay videos. Similar post but related to sound here: Autoplay audio website and CEF auto-play policy · Issue #149 · xibosignage/xibo-dotnetclient · GitHub . Or is it related to Video format issues in Chromium/CEF? WPF: Videos in web content limited codec support · Issue #124 · xibosignage/xibo-dotnetclient · GitHub

When trying in an embedded module it is the same thing and when specifying i get the following error on the player ‘Couldn’t find a compatible Webview2 Runtime installation to host WebViews.’ which refers to WPF runtime versioning issues.

Running latest Xibo 3 version on Docker and latest Windows Player on Windows 10.

Hi @abcdef0987,

I had the same problem - downloading the Webview2 from Microsoft solved the issue - I installed the “Evergreen Standalone Installer” x86 to match the Xibo client as that’s x86 too.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/#download-section

Hope that helps you :slight_smile:
Kind regards, Tom.

1 Like

Hi @TomG_YBG,

that fixes the problem with an embedded website specifying <!-- BROWSER=edge --> Thanks and welcome to the forum!

Apparently this will be addressed in this issue Implement Microsoft Edge WebView2 · Issue #216 · xibosignage/xibo-dotnetclient · GitHub

Now if they can fix the video autoplay problem when using chromium, that would be awesome so as not to need a workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.