Automatically read a folder and grab images

Hello all,

I am new to Xibo and have a question. Is there a way to point Xibo to a folder either on the CMS host, dropbox or elsewhere so that it just grabs the images in that folder and displays them as a slideshow (same as image module)?

If not, is there something similar I can do?

Thanks,

-Tony

That isn’t a feature we support at present - it sounds like a great idea on the surface, but once you start thinking about offline playback for players, it becomes more complicated.

There would need to be a process to read the remote folder and cache the content in the CMS, so that it could be sent to the player for offline playback.

Exactly how this works would need to be clarified - for example, how do we authenticate with the remote folder - how do we know which files to take, etc, etc.

Please feel free to submit a feature topic on this subject (or reuse an existing one if there is one there) to detail your requirements and how you think it should work,

Thanks,
Dan

I did a similar thing by using web page and PHP to construct the slideshow.

Regards,

Almond Wong

1 Like

Dear Almond, can you share me the code and how you have do this job , please share the steps .

Create a web page module display “OUTPUT.HTML”.

Just use any slide show web page you can found. Copy it to “INPUT.HTML”. Change the images parameters portion as a string. At run time, replace the string with your image files. Write to “OUTPUT.HTML”.

It is like some PHP template lib, but very dump.

But remember web page module has no cache, the bandwidth is a problem.

I use this approach because we display user imported images according to Display ID.

For static images among Display, use API is better.

Regards,

Almond Wong