Android won't reboot

Hi guys,
i am currently using 1.8 series of both CMS (latest version) and Android (latest version)
I somehow cannot reboot the android device from CMS which works for pc players but doesn’t for android.

I have used both,
adb reboot and svc power reboot

any ideas?

The commands that typically work are, in order of preference:

svc power reboot
am start -a android.intent.action.ACTION_REQUEST_REBOOT
setprop sys.powerctl reboot
reboot

You’ll need to ensure the device is rooted for these to work, and that Xibo for Android has been granted permissions to run as root (with your su manager).

You simply then enter that command in to the display settings profile for Android devices, inside your reboot command. Once entered, you’ll need to allow the Players time to collect that new information before they will start using it. You can tell if they have picked it up when the last connection date changes on the Displays page.

Commands are sent by XMR, so it’s worth requesting a screenshot and checking that comes back straight away to ensure XMR is working and configured correctly.

Hi Alex,
none of these commands works.
Yes,
my XMR is working because4 i can receive screenshots.

You’d need to ask your device manufacturer what the correct command is for your device then, and then use that command.

OUTCH!

Thanks!
i will check that.

Screenshots still work when XMR isn’t working, but they will come back more slowly. With XMR working, you’d expect to get a screenshot returned in a couple of seconds.

If you don’t, then initially use the reconfigure XMR tick box on the Edit Display field to reset that display’s XMR configuration.

Yes!
Thank you!!!
it worked by doing this,
“If you don’t, then initially use the reconfigure XMR tick box on the Edit Display field to reset that display’s XMR configuration.”

Many thanks!!:grinning:

1 Like

Any time you reconnect a Player to the CMS (eg if it’s been connected elsewhere, or it has been reset or something) then you need to refresh the XMR configuration so that the encryption keys match up. If you don’t, XMR messages won’t be passed correctly.

That explains :grinning:

Many thanks!