'Access denied' for users' layout

Hello there,

I use Xibo 1.8.2 with Windows 10, a few month ago, Xibo work normally, but since 2 days, Xibo don’t want to allow my users to do a layout. On the grey zone, it says ‘null’

and when I double clic on this zone, an alert message appears ‘Access Denied’… I haven’t change user rights yet… Can you help me please ?

Thank you for your message. Version 1.8.2 is a much older version of Xibo CMS, many fixes and features have since been added. I would first recommend upgrading your CMS to the latest version, which is 1.8.13. You will find download links on the below Blog page:

Can you also confirm:

• What media widget and item was in that Region of your Layout?
  • What User Type is that account set to?
  • Does your User account has the correct View and Edit permissions for that Layout and all media being used in that Layout?

I would also recommend checking the page security settings for the User and the Groups it is a member of in case you do not have the permissions set correctly. You are welcome to send me a PM of the Page security settings you have for that User Account.

Finally I would recommend opening the Permission options for that Layout and making sure that your User has View and Edit permissions set. Make sure to tick the Cascade Permissions to all items underneath this one box before saving.

Many Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for responding, meanwhile I change version, I went to 2.0. But that does not prevent to have the same worries. My users are of type user and the granted permissions are:
-Displays
-Icon Dashboard
-Layout
-Library
-Playlist
-Regions
-Schedule
Now, I have this to display with the user when I try to make a layout
2019-06-05%2008_18_32-Xibo%20Digital%20Signage

Is it still a problem of permissions ?

Thanks in advance

Now with the admin account, when I edit a page it says: “Unexpected error, please contact support”

Help me please T-T

Thank you for confirming, which version of 2.0 did you upgrade to?

Please provide Report fault logs for both of these issues. To do this, follow the below instructions:

• Open the Report Fault option in your CMS, using an Admin User.
  • Follow the steps and Turn on Debugging when the option appears.
  • Continue to follow the steps and click open in New Window when the option appears.
  • In the new Window (do not close the original window/tab) do as you did before so that you receive the error that we want to capture.
  • Once the you see the error message, close the new window and return to the original one.
  • Continue to follow the Report Fault steps and select Collect and save when the option appears.
  • Continue with the steps and choose Turn Off debugging when the option appears.
  • You can now leave Report Fault.

If you can do this once for the Access denied Error and another time for the User Save preferences failed errors, I can take a look at the logs and see what I can find.

Many Thanks.

Yes I use the 2.0.0.

Ok then, I do it and I warn you once this is done.

Than you for your help

New problem, when I click on collect and save. An error appears telling me “Unexpected error, please contact support”
2019-06-05%2011_59_14-MLDA-XIBO01%20-%20Connexion%20Bureau%20%C3%A0%20distance

So…What do I do now ?

There was a bug with version 2.0.0 which was fixed for version 2.0.2. You can try unticking the Version Information box and click Collect and Save again, does that work?

I would recommend that you upgrade to version 2.0.3 of CMS, which literally just released so that you have the latest updates and fixes applied to your CMS.

Many Thanks.

Ok thanks. I do it.

Thanks again