Ability to select and edit multiple items in the timeline

Introduction

Please can you develop the ability to select multiple items in a timeline and then apply the same transition effects/duration?

User Story

One of the things we often use is a rotating display of images however setting up the display times and transitions is a complete PITA. I can see that its not really an issue if you’ve only got three images rotating round but some of ours are 50-100 items. I need a way of selecting multiple image entries and then selecting, say, fade in for 2 sec, followed by a display for 10 secs and then a 2 sec fade out. I see you can select individual images or a block but all you seem to be able to do is delete them! Is it really difficult to code these other options into a multiple-select or am I missing something really fundamental?

For the dev team to fill in:

Status

The current status and the username of the:

• Reporter
  • Drafter
  • Implementer

Implementation

A broad description of the changes required.

Effected Software

Which parts of Xibo are effected

DB Schema Changes

Any necessary DB Schema Changes

You’re best using a dataset for that

Create a dataset, and in that have a library media column.

Select your images and add them to the dataset.

Then create a layout, with a ticker on it, based on that dataset, and then you can use the ticker transitions to set that up much faster.

If you want to get fancy, you can use filters on the dataset to target different images at different times, different displays etc, all with one layout.