1.7.9 Player Install issue

When trying to install 1.7.9 windows im getting a Could not write browser flags to key
\SOFTWARE\Classes\PowerPoint.SlideShow.8.
verify you have sufficient access to that key.

Anybody else getting it or a work around? Tried it on 2 machines same result. Machines are windows 10 pro

I was able to recreate this issue.

I guess this might be Win10 exclusive due to how permissions work in it.

You can ignore that error and the installation process will finish, then if you do want to use PowerPoint in Xibo, you’d need to make those registry changes manually - http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/media_module_powerpoint.html

We will look into it and see how we can fix it for Win10, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I also got this error on Windows 7 SP1 upgrading from 1.7.8 to 1.7.9
This occurred while performing an upgrade and a fresh install.

Also it occurs in windows 8

hi peter

i think no
i have the same problem with windows 7 32 or 64 bits

We needed to push this via GPO and the MSI will not install at all without manual intervention.

As a work around, I modified the MSI with Microsoft’s ORCA tool from their SDK and removed the registry entries from the installer. Remove both sets of entries from the Registry and FeatureComponent tables and then save.

Just to make sure no functionality is lost, I used GPP to push out the registry settings that were removed from the installer. The Installer now runs without any manual intervention.