1.7.8 player won't launch

Is there any way we can get our hands on 1.7.7?

Also having this issue, tried player on 6 computers, 3 brand new Win 10, 3 old (Win 7, 8.1 and 10). Looks like it just keeps crashing and restarting. Watch dog doesn’t even show up in system tray. Task Manager shows resources being consumed, but if you click the process, it immiediately deselects and appears to spawn a new process. I see the clock / spinning wheel / whatever you want to call it above the mouse pointer every second until I forcefully uninstall the software. Trying to end the process produces an error. Trying to uninstall it produces an error as well but still lets you uninstall.

I wanted to try Xibo today as it looked great and easy to set up. I have to have a demo going by tomorrow, and I can’t even get the player working after spending all that time on my layout :frowning:

Edit: Tried putting the code in the config you mentioned, debug log does not get created. No other changes.

You can download 1.7.7 or earlier versions on the Github.

Thanks JWhite! I will give that a shot.

dan: Video of install / what happens (apologies I got interrupted by one of my employees during the video) available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c67tqpbxtl1nwz/xibo_player.wmv?dl=0

Edit: Tried 1.7.7 - upon first connect on a new machine it is now stating “Display is awaiting licensing approval from an Administrator” - 1.7.8 did not get this far on that same machine.

Edit2: Assigned license in the Admin Portal, now getting “Invalid Configuration Option from CMS [PreventSleep]”. I have disabled Prevent Sleep in the Windows Display Profile, but I still receive the error. I assume this is due to the differences between 1.7.7 and 1.7.8, but hoping the testing information may assist.

I had that same prevent sleep issue now that I am using 1.7.7 with .8 CMS. After a few attempts to check and uncheck this setting on the CMS the player began working correctly.

Same issue with Windows 8.1 64bit on INTEL Computer Stick Z3735F

Also same issue with Windows 10 on INTEL Z8300 Mini PC

Would someone mind installing 1.7.8 and then replacing the XiboClient.exe in the installation folder with the one here to see if that makes any difference? Edit: this has been tested and uploaded to the release page as a new MSI.

All I have done is disable one form of auto-restart (the non-watchdog one) in the hope that it records the error it experiences.

Its clearly crashing immediately - although I am very surprised that doesn’t record anything in the Windows Event Log.

Hi,

I also had the same problem.
This is the solution that worked for me.

1. end all Xibo processes.
  2. make sure that Local Library on the Player Option is correct.
  3. the best thing is, if you create new one.
  4. start again Xibo client

I hope this will help you.

1 Like

Maybe this can help you : > Info: 10/06/2016 10:59:59MainClient Started

Error: 10/06/2016 11:00:00UI ThreadMainUnhandled Exception: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\vm-thin7\Documents\Xibo Library\status.json'.
Error: 10/06/2016 11:00:00UI ThreadMainStack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter…ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)
at XiboClient.MainForm.InitializeXibo()
at XiboClient.MainForm…ctor()
at XiboClient.Program.RunClient()
at XiboClient.Program.Main(String args)

and Xibo Library not created !

1 Like

That is very interesting - I’ll investigate

Absolutely - thank you

y hope, y hope for you :slight_smile:

I think I see the issue - thanks to @zimko and @Metik for debugging

Would someone with this problem please try this MSI: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/353651/xibo-client-1.7.8-win32-x86.msi Edit: this has been tested and uploaded to the release page as a new MSI.

i have try something and it’s work’s

install 1.7.8 --> not works

uninstall version, clean and install 1.7.7 --> warning with sleep but work

Stop xibo client
NOT CLEAN and install 1.7.8 --> WORKS !!

Try new 1.7.8 dropbox version and this work’s nice job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok fantastic - I will upload that to the release page now.

1 Like

Dropbox working fine on Windows 8.1 64bit.

Worked for me as well!

not work for me, is the same problem

If you didn’t already, can you uninstall first and then reinstall - also make sure you’re selecting the new file and not the file marked as OLD_

after clean old instalation

atttrib -a -i xibo*.* /s
del xibo*.* /s /q
clean regedit *.xibo
after instal 1.7.8 version
not work xibo config do not open

corrupted configuration failed when open xiboconfig