Your browser can't play this youtube video

Hello, I’m having a problem on one of the devices I’m using, when it comes to embedding a youtube video in xibo, my version of xibo is 1.7.0 I’m using windows 7, the problem is the following I have a collage on which there is a photo, a scroll text and the video, everything is played except the video, it gives me an error that says the browser cannot play the video, the browser I use is chrome and I have vlc installed, on the other devices I can play The video is fine, I have also tried to disable the firewall, I have updated to the latest possible version of vlc, xibo and chrome. this is the html code i use :

<div id="player"></div>

<script src="https://www.youtube.com/iframe_api"></script>
<script>
  var player;
  function onYouTubeIframeAPIReady() {
    player = new YT.Player('player', {
      suggestedQuality: '360p',
      height: '1080',
      width: '1920',
      videoId: 'xBZ10v9jfCI',
      events: {
        'onReady': onPlayerReady,
        'onError': onError,
        'onStateChange': onPlayerStateChange
      }
    });
  }
  function onPlayerReady(event) {
    console.log('onPlayerReady');
    event.target.playVideo();
  }
  function onError(event) {
    console.log('Error');
    console.log(event);
  }
  function onPlayerStateChange(event) {
    console.log('Player Status: ' + event.data);
    if (event.data === YT.PlayerState.BUFFERING) {
      console.log('Buffering failed, restarting');
      setTimeout(function() { player.playVideo(); }, 1000);
    }
  }
</script>

Thanks i wait answer!
Imanol

HI Imanol_Rodrigues, welcome to the community!

I’ve been testing Youtube video playback on my Xibo for Windows test players and so far it is working well. I used the video ID in your script and that is working on my players. Here is a screenshot from my player running that Youtube video:

There are a few differences between my test setup and yours:

• I tested on Windows 10 (you have Windows 7).
  • I am using the latest CMS (3.3.4 at the time of writing this message), whereas you are using 1.7, which has been end of life for quite some time now.
  • I tested on player versions R201, R258 and R308 and all worked without issue.
  • I am using the script from this document but your script is slightly different and missing some elements.

I have sent you a link in a private message that contains the layout I created for testing. Could you import it into your CMS and schedule it to your display?

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.