XMR status : invalid state detected

Im trying to set up xmr on docker install to be able to utilize some api methods.
XMR status: netmq poller contains a disposed netmq socket. Socket must either removed before being disposed.

The player doesn’t even try to set up a connection to 9505 as i understand by looking at the resource manager or wireshark.

mysql> select setting,value from setting where setting like ‘XMR%’;
±----------------±---------------------------+
| setting | value |
| XMR_ADDRESS | tcp://cms-xmr:50001 |
| XMR_PUB_ADDRESS | tcp://cms.example.org:9505 |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Can someone help with that ?

With Docker XMR comes pre-configured correctly for you on the CMS side.

The only setting you need to change is the XMR public address on the Settings page of the CMS (not in the database directly).

You should set that to be the fully qualified hostname or IP address of your CMS - eg

tcp://cms.mydomainname.com:9505

or

tcp://1.2.3.4:9505

Save that and then allow the Player to connect. If you’re running a firewall, then you will also need to allow TCP port 9505 through.

thats what i did, just set up cms.example.org as an alias for my xibo host, so this is correct and is set on the Settings page of the CMS (not in the database )
the issue has to do with something else , did you encounter such an error ? can that be something concerning zeroMq, may be smth’s wrong with that ?

The Player needs to connect to that address so you’d need to have that address resolve in global DNS.

The correct way to configure it is as I described before.

Assuming you configure that, then the Player should connect to it. You don’t say what kind of Player or what version you’re running so without that information I can’t help you further. Certainly it’s not something we see regularly.

I presume a Windows Player of some sort. The error suggests to me that the Player has tried to connect and couldn’t, so I’d strongly advise configuring the CMS correctly rather than trying to override DNS.

windows player located at the same host (it shd use same etc/hosts file as browser, meaning im able to access the url via browser) , also tried a direct ip address so i dont think it might be kind of DNS stuff. I will take an experiment in other environment, but i got this same error at my remote install (linux docker + windws player), and at my home install (linux docker in an ubuntu VM + windws player ), also tried android player - the same error.

after updating windows xibo player Xmr Status: Unknown Host

this is last 100 log after display rekey with audit enebled https://filebin.net/8sgsp7i8eakuk78p

ok i got that error now

Unable to Subscribe: Unknown host

Any idea what to do about that?

it was redundant slash, i cant believe that

There are no extra slashes in the output you showed me, so I was never going to be able to help you without seeing the actual values you were putting in!

Thats right, it was my fault

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.