XMR Status-Disconntected wating to reconnect

Hi all, I have now been able to install the xibo version 2.3.13 on a web server without docker. The host is working. Only with the players I have problems. Player Version is: 1.8.10 On the WindowsPlayers currently runs the Win 10 with the latest updates and still I get when I schedule a layout and then press the “I” comes the following message:

XMR Jam: Disconnected, waiting to reconnect, last activity: XX.XX.XXXX

Method: Schedule - OnScheduleManagerCheckComplete

Message: Agent threads/XMR is dead. not updating status json

Where is the error here? I know the earlier xibo 1.8 but the newer versions are not so familiar to me. So I ask here what can be the error?

About a feedback how udn what I can do I thank you in advance.

Greetings

under settings/screens i entered this for Private XMR address:

tcp://localhost:5555

For Open XMR Address I entered this:

tcp://xibo.domainname.com:9505

but I still get the error message :frowning:

you have to create the config.json file yourself in xibo/vendor/bin e.g. with Notepad++

This should be your public IP address (or public domain), if it only has to work internal, use your internal IP address.

that’s exactly what I did…xibo is running here on a webserver with subdomain…also like this:

xibo.mydomain.com

In the webinterface of xibo under settings/screens I have the eignetragen…

private = tcp://localhost:5555
public = tcp://xibo.mydomain.com:9505

since it is a webserver i can leave the private address like this, right?

But if I leave it like this then it takes a long time until something appears on the screen and then I get the error message:

XMR Jam: Disconnected, waiting to reconnect, last activity: XX.XX.XXXX

Method: Schedule - OnScheduleManagerCheckComplete

Message: Agent threads/XMR is dead. not updating status json

geetings

At the section Settings on the Webinterface:

Change your XMR Private Address from localhost to 127.0.0.1 and the port to 50001
and your XMR Public Address from xibo.mydomain.com to your public IPv4 e.g. 1.2.3.4
It shouldnt matter that your CMS is served under a subdomain

Also change the config.json under /xibo/vendor/bin to

{
“listenOn”: “tcp://127.0.0.1:50001”,
“pubOn”: [“tcp://1.2.3.4:9505”],
“debug”: false
}
Notice that the port has changed 5555 → 50001

If you completed these steps, you also have to change the XMR Public Address to your new IPv4 at Display Settings for your profiles as well.

Likewise you will need to Edit each display under Displays and select the last two checkboxes in the Advanced section. Clear cache and Reconfigure XMR.
The best thing to do is to reboot your player/OS completely.

If this fails try instead “tcp://0.0.0.0:50001” as your private address.

Check out why doesnt zeromq work on localhost for further information:

When assigning a local address to a socket using zmq_bind() with the tcp transport, the endpoint shall be interpreted as an interface followed by a colon and the TCP port number to use.

An interface may be specified by either of the following:

• The wild-card *, meaning all available interfaces.
  • The primary IPv4 address assigned to the interface, in its numeric representation.
  • The interface name as defined by the operating system.

So, if you’re not using wild-card or the interface name, then it means you must use an IPv4 address in numeric form (not a DNS name).

// Edit:

Also check the content of your syslog, apache2/webserver log and the status of your xibo-xmr.service / xmr.phar

Hello, ok. Thank you for the detailed info.

But if I change the public XMR ADress to the IP then I have the problem that the IP changes every 24 hours…how should this work?

in /xibo/vendor/bin i haven´t this congig.json…the folder is empty

Greetings

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.