XMR connection failed. ZMQ: Protocol not supported

OK, we’re getting closer.

The thing to do now is edit the display in the CMS and on the advanced tab select “Rekey” and save.

Let it do a full register (wait however long your collection interval is x2, or restart).

If it still doesn’t work, we might need to enable auditing on the display profile for that display, to see if we get some extra information in the log window.

Alright Dan,

Do you mean Reconfigure XMR right?

I have tried to reconfigure the XMR and restart the Player, and requested screenshot again… but it doesn’t do anything either.

In this case please:

Navigate to Display Settings page -> Create new Display profile (Windows Type)
on Troubleshooting tab set the log level to audit
you can also enter log file path there to (for example) C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Xibo Library\log.txt

Save the profile.

Navigate to Displays page -> Edit your display -> Advanced tab -> Assign the Auditing display profile you’ve created to it
You can enable auditing here as well.

Save the form and restart your player.

Make sure those files are created - ie that the display profile is definitely assigned correctly.

Recreate the issue ie request few screenshots from the player.

In those logs as well as in the CMS there should be much more information logged, which hopefully will give us an idea on what’s wrong.
If you intend to upload whole log files here, please make sure that they do not contain any sensitive information about your environment - alternatively send it via private message to me or Dan.

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay reply, there is already directory created on my display called log.txt. is this what you mean?

please see the screenshot below.

I’m not sure why you have log.txt as a folder there that have contents similar to your player local library location, but yes those are probably the log files we need to see.

There should be also more logs in the CMS, since you’ve enabled the auditing profile on your player.

You can download them from Report Fault page - it might be rather big since it had auditing on for a few days.

Hi Peter,

I have send you a private message containing the log file…

By the way, I have tried to add an android display. and surprisingly the request screenshot was successful… Please take a look at the screenshot below.

So I think the command is not working on windows for me…

Also, what is the command for android, like restarting the player?

Best Regards

Request screenshot will work without XMR connectivity, when the next player collection interval runs it will receive the instruction to take a screenshot.

Most of the ones in your example have pending screenshot requests (the tick in the screenshot column).

You’re local library is very strange, you seem to have a folder called log.txt, which actually contains another Player library. This would indicate that you’ve configured the library location to be c:\Users\JMIWebVision\Documents\Xibo Library\log.txt, which is strange (not incorrect, just strange).

The best thing to do is find out which copy of the local library you are actually using, and delete the other one so that we are on a “known starting point”.

There aren’t any error messages in the logs you’ve sent (although there some auditing messages), so I do not believe the logs are from the time the problem occurred?

I am actually not sure what the problem is anymore :slight_smile: your most recent player information screen shot shows XMR is connected and had recent activity.

Hi Dan,

After a few days of testing, I came to conclusion to reformat my player to windows 10. and I was shocked that the screenshot is now totally working. But the reboot & restart player is not working. can you share what is the command for rebooting and restarting the player?

Thanks,

These would be standard windows commands:

shutdown /r now

You would need Xibo to be running as a user that had permission to execute those commands from the command line. You could test that manually to make sure.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for all your help… By the way last question, How can I run the XMR as a service on my server, so that I don’t need to manually run the index.php

Thank you in advance.

With Docker it’s run for you.

If you’re doing a custom installation, then you’ll need to arrange for that to be run at startup, and for XTR to be run periodically.

The Windows Task Scheduler is probably the easiest method for both, but since it’s a custom install, it’s for you to decide how that happens.

See: http://xibo.org.uk/manual-tempel/en/install_xtr.html

Hi There! Where do I see this screen? I am having the same issue with XMR also.

In my config.json, I enabled debug but where do I see the log file? There’s no mention of the debug log file in the documentation. Also, when I run php xmr.phar, I don’t see any error at all, I get:

[2018-01-29 11:27:45] xmr.INFO: Starting up - listening for CMS on tcp://172.17.21.148:5555. [] []

But I’m still getting error when I tried to request for screenshot:

Can you help me figure it out Dan please. Thanks!

You press “i” when the Player is running.

Protocol not supported suggests you either have an invalid protocol set in your CMS XMR settings (not the ones in XMR itself, but in the CMS), or that you don’t have the PHP extentions for ZeroMQ loaded.