Xmds.php GET error 404

I have installed Xibo and the CMS WebUI works perfectly, however when connecting a windows client to it, it fails to download any files with the error:

192.168.1.2 - - [05/Feb/2023:09:20:57 +0000] "GET /xmds.php?file=...&displayId=2&type=L&itemId=5 HTTP/1.0" 404 - "-" "-"

this appears multiple times with the itemId changing each time, this is a fresh install and I dont see why this isn’t working.
XMR is properly configured. (i think)

if anyone knows why this is occuring you would be a lifesaver!

Hi and welcome!

Is this a Docker install?

When a player connects it calls an endpoint called “Required Files” which calculates the list of files needed to download and attaches a “nonce” to those which is what you have hidden behind ... in your URL.

That nonce is cached and the URL sent to the player.

You get a 404 when the nonce sent in file=... does not match the nonce in the cache.

Perhaps there is some configuration issue with the cache - you could try following the report fault wizard and sending the troubleshoot.zip file.

This is a docker install. I have not setup caching, and if the container does it (memcached), I have recreated the stack while I was troubleshooting and showed the same 404. (the cache should of been reset when the stack is recreated).

If its a docker install it should all be setup for you - caching is internal to the CMS so doesn’t need anything complex configured.

I think the next step is the trouble shoot process - which should tell us why the 404 has been issued.

step 0 in troubleshooting, reinstalling. which I have done and it still throws a 404, do you have any ideas of anything else i can troubleshoot?

I’ll need you to follow the report fault process and send us the troubleshoot.txt file, which should highlight any errors in the CMS.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.