Xibo with Windows 10 Multi-app Kiosk ( lockdown )

Hi,

I’m trying to use xibo in windows 10 lockdown mode where I allowed only Xibo and Xibo watchdog ( both 86x and 64x) to work and added them to the lockdown menu.

However, if I kill xibo player, watchdog is not able to restart it. I got the error below

Do you know what apps the watchdog might need access to in the lockdown menu for the application to work as expected? I saw cmd for example mentioned somewhere in the watchdog config file which I added to the allow list but still not working. have anyone tested such scenario?

I followed the following KB in Microsoft to lockdown the PC:

Hi and welcome,

Are you starting the watchdog manually initially? If so you’ll need to configure your library path properly so that it can write its log files. Alternatively don’t start it and let the player do so.

Xibo does spawn some other applications, but I do not know if they are needed to be in the Kiosk list or not? For example the CEF browser exe in the install dir.

If you configured the watchdog for StartWithCmd=false then it should just call Process.start()

Watchdog is a service in services.msc?
Correct me if I am wrong, but doublecheck which user is starting the services in Kiosk mode. You could change this to a serviceaccount or administrator account so it will always run.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. It worked after I altered the watchdog configuration to have StartWithCmd=false but still doesn’t work if I autorun xiboclient.exe. that’s why I changed it to run xibowatchdog. it works fine despite showing the following error:

I also allowed the CEF browser, but the error above still shows after several kills for the app for testing purpose.

Do you think I need to allow anything else? Anyway, I’m fine with the current situation as long as it will not affect the functionality of the app.

Thank you very much for your support.

Thank Vishal for your suggestion. the watchdog is not service. Dan suggestion helped to solve it. check my other comment.

Thanks alot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.