Xibo Windows player crashes

Hello all,

For a while we’ve been testing the Xibo signage player on Windows 10. The player works well, except for when we switch layouts. In case the switching takes some time (because of a video download for example), the player crashes while switching (and downloading, as I suppose).

The server is on Xibo 1.7.3; the Windows player is on 1.7.5 (recently upgraded from 1.7.3).

We’ve been testing on two machines, being an Intel NUC and a Virtualbox image.

Is this a common issue? How can this be overcome?

Best, Rajd

What’s the message that it crashes with in full please?

Most common candidates will be:

Missing .net framework updates (do them all from Windows Update, including anything optional)
Intel graphics drivers not at latest version from Intel

The Player doesn’t download video at the point the layout changes - it’s done in the background before that happens so I think it’s very unlikely to be that. Lets see what the crash message is first.

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your response. As my (testing) machine is running on Virtualbox, there are no Intel drivers available (I can’t access the NUC actually). The Win10 VM is fully up to date.

I’ve managed to crash the player by switching layouts and gather some screenshots. Have a look right here: http://imgur.com/a/Yakwt

Thanks!

Looks like you’re using the experimental CEF integration.

It isn’t all that stable and will likely be removed in a future release. Please turn that off.

Thanks for the tip - I turned off CEF and after switching some layouts, I think the only conclusion should be… solved! Awesome :smile: