Xibo video freeze issues

Hi there,

We have two digital signage panels running on Philips 75BDL4003H, with iiyama OPS units running Windows 11 Enterprise, with Intel i5-11300H Processors, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSDs.

Xibo Client / Player on both devices is Windows 3.310.1.0, connected to CMS V3.0.5

Issue

We are having repeated freezing issues on multiple different videos, where Xibo will freeze-frame at (mostly the exact same) point in a video, and will require a manual restart.

It’s not every time the video plays, as it can run for hours with no issue, before freezing again.

Having enabled logging, it seems we get a fair few of the following error from both devices
MediaElement_MediaFailed: 86 Media Failed. E = Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D11C6
and also the following, but less often:
MediaElement_MediaFailed: 86 Media Failed. E = Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D10BD

One of the clips it more frequently froze on was a 4K video, which we removed from the playlist. However, the PC being used can easily play the video in a regular media player, and the specs should be sufficient for 4K playback?

RAM usage is within normal realms, floating around 40-50-60%, even when it freezes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Not sure this is much help but I have been having a similar issue on our Windows players displaying a local video. Using the local video widget I am displaying a webcam feed from our local network.

I could never get this working on our old v2.0.1 CMS which we have had for years with the v2-R200 Windows client (it was very old). So on our new 4.0.4 setup I thought I would give it another go.

The layout would run, the video would stream for about 30 seconds, then the layout would crash and return to the splash screen until a manual reboot. I would then see ‘Video Failed: Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D11B1’ error in the reported player faults.

I remoted onto one of the players and fired up Edge and Chrome to check the feed was accessible external to the player. Having never manually opened any browsers on the signage devices (all freshly imaged for the new CMS) I had to go through the Edge setup BS you get when you first run it, the same with Chrome. Once I did this and checked the feed was fine (ran it for 10 minutes independent of the player with no problems). I then restarted the player and the feed has run with no problems since.

Haven’t tested it on the other displays yet.

This could be completely irrelevant but thought I would share!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.