XIBO step by step Installation IIS 8.5 on WINDOWS SERVER 2012

Thanks for the information. I discovered the reason was that my “environment path” setting was set to a different version of PHP (iisExpress v7.1). I set the correct path and got the correct php_zmq.dll files and all is well. Thanks again for the help.

Hi Michael,
I’m looking for an explanation like yours to configure everything for a long time. And I’m glad to find yours.
But I have a problem when I write “php xmr.phar”, can you help me ?

Thanks

Hello Jarzet,
I am very glad if my guide help anybody.
I think its releated to zeromq settings. Did you complete zeromq steps also?

Yes, I did, the only difference is that i downloaded the TS version and not the NTS version like you because xibo say i have not zeromq when i put the files of the NTS version.

Thank you Michael but I’m still having the same issue of receiving a 405 error. I’m not sure if it’s something between plesk and iis? Any suggestions? Any ideas would be helpful:) thank you!

Hi jesse, I have the same problem, but I have fixed it.

Fix the problem by configuring the web.config file by adding this:

< modules>
< remove name=“WebDAVModule” />
< / modules>

<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Execute, Script">
  <remove name="WebDAVModule" />
        <remove name="WebDAV" />

I hope I’ve helped,

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 That worked for me!!!

1 Like

Hello guys,

I am having the same issue as Jarzet. I followed the steps but still can’t get the XMR work. Having hard time installing ZeroMQ. I have a windows 7 machine 64bit. The CMS is working fine and the player but not updating changes since its missing XMR.

Can you please assist me.
Thanks,

Hello Alex, first thank for the step by step installation guide, I did followed it really carefully and I am not an expert on the matter I didn’t receive any type of error but when I open the Xibo installation welcome page there are no ticks, exclamation or cross in front of any of the prerequisites. I already followed your guide twice but same thing in both cases. Thanks

Hi Michael

thanks for the guide

1 Like

I just wanted to say thank you, followed your instructions to the letter about 3 months ago and everything worked great.

I also wanted to post that i upgraded my original 1.8.2 install successfully to 1.8.4 following the same installation instructions as above. hopefully to try to give a little back. So in order that i remember it:
i followed the steps listed here: https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/upgrade_custom.html for a custom upgrade

I did a database backup following these instructions on youtube since ive never messed with mysql.

I ended up not needing the backup but just thought i’d mention it.
made a copy of settings.php from the php_files folder found in web/settings.php
I downloaded the latest .zip of the windows xibo CMS install, and extracted it.
I stopped the php xmr.phar heartbeat thing that runs on the server, stopped the iis server
Renamed my old PHP_FILES folder to old_php_files
created a new folder called php_files
made a copy of settings.php from the php_files folder found in web/settings.php
also made a copy of my cacert.pem file that i had on the root of my php_files folder (this was needed to use the weather plugin, to make ssl communication work i believe)

I moved all of the extracted files from the new xibo zip into the new PHP_FILES folder, and put the cacert.pem, settings.php files back in their locations.
you also need to copy the json file and the xmr.phar files listed in michaels steps above

I then added IUSR and IIS_IUSRS to the new PHP_FILES folder securities.

At this point i thought i was good to go and started up IIS again, got a 404 error.

I then went back step by step through Michael’s install guide and found i had to make all of the adjustments over again step by step. (these settings may be stored in files in the old php_files folder but i dont know which, so i just re-made the changes)

After doing this i was able to start IIS successfully, once i logged in as admin the page was awaiting me to click start on the upgrade.

Upgrade went through the steps and didnt have any issues.

All of my layouts and everything seem to be there. and my test TV is updating properly.

A word of warning, prior to attempting this i did shut down the VM and take a snapshot as a failsafe incase i broke it beyond repair.

Hope this may help anyone looking to attempt and upgrade after doing Michael’s custom install.

1 Like

thanks for the guide but that is happning when i run the php command :frowning:

xmr error

This was due to invalid formatting in config.json - i have corrected the original article with code formatting for that block for future copy/pasters.

500 internal server error?

• Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, IIS, PHP 5.6.35, Xibo 1.8.9, MySQL
  • http://{server}/release-1.8.9 correctly redirects to http://{Server}/release-1.8.9/install/ but I get a 500 error? PHP should be logging to C:\Windows\Temp but NO log. Event Log is clean.
  • “c:\inetpub\wwwroot\release-1.8.9\venter\bin>php xmr.phar” works
  • IIS /release-1.8.9 is mapped to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\release-1.8.9\web

How can I debug this or get the error?

I have another server using docker & it works but security wants me to use IIS.

Dear Jeff, 500 Error is general error. But you can check file permissions
of IIS (over the folder of xibo files) Not read only, can write exc…
Please check my guide for 500 errors, it could be a solution.
Why you map /release-1.8.9 to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\release-1.8.9\web. Put
xibo files to a c:\xibo189 file and add site from IIS, physical folder is
c:\xibo189. And dont forget to to check permissions (connect as, Test
Settings)
As I remember in you could see IIS log in windows event log. Please check
application log, windows log both.
Best
Michael

When I navigate to localhost it redirects to localhost/install, but the page is mostly blank. All I see is a black bar at the top with Xibo Digital Signage on the tab.

Dear michael!
Thank you for the very informative and professional guide!
I have the same problem as lparetti9.
I also tried to install on xampp server and had the same result…
could you sugget what is the problem?

thank you very much!

This fixed my issue. Altering line 49 in the lib/Helper/Translate.php file:

1 Like

Fixed mine too.
Thank you!

With the help of this manual installation guide and a little hint here (Can find mcrypt in PHP 7) I managed to get Xibo CMS 1.8.11 running on Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS 8.5.

The mcrypt is going to be dropped in 1.8.12 what I understood and have been reading on the Xibo CMS Github:

So far it seems to be working, in the coming days I’ll see if everything works fully fine and it all works well towards the screens as well. (Will post an update later on on this.)