Xibo Player Stuck in Splash Screen. Please Help!

Hello,

I have a Xibo CMS with the newest version as I just installed it last week with this tutorial: “https://linuxopsys.com/topics/install-xibo-cms-on-ubuntu

The Display is running Ubuntu 20 and therefore has the Linux player.

I have already connected the display to my CMS and it is also displayed in the CMS.
The Problem is that the player itself is completely stuck in the splash screen and doesnt seem able to download new content from the CMS.

Within the CMS the Status button just shows an x that says “Display is downloading new files”.

The default library of the Display is set to “/home//snap/xibo-player”.

If anyone knows how to fix this then please help me.

Kind regards,
Kai-Henrik Stechemesser

1 Like

Yes I think I am having the same issue. I recently upgraded my server and all the old clients seem to be connecting fine, but when I install new clients they just sit there at the XIBO screen and never go anywhere. I cannot send content to them or schedules to them.

My screen just looks like the following;

I do see one error there in the console but after doing a bunch of reading I dont think its related to the XIBO problem.

Any help is appreciated if anyone else is having this issue

Hello,

i know this is an old topic, but i have yet the same problem.
I new Server installation without ssl.
Player and Server are on the same subnet.
The debian 12 KDE player with the newest version of the player installed over snap und i have only the splash screen und the player is authorized on the xibo server and shows downloading content all the time.
I have only activated the default layout.

1 Like

As far as I can tell its basically not possible now to connect the linux clients to the server. I have no idea if the company knows about this or cares. There is a beta version of the next version that says its 100% complete, but it does not work either. I have also had zero success installing the windows client using WINE, it would be really nice if that worked so we had a fallback option.

The truth is that the Linux Client version is maintained by the community. There is no direct involvement from Xibo developers, unfortunately.

Regarding the installation of the Windows Client with Wine, it is indeed not compatible.

Thats fine, but can anyone from the community tell us why we cannot connect anymore on the existing linux client? All we get is the startup screen.

Also, is a web client that runs in a (full screen - kiosk) browser even a remote possibility? That would enable us to eliminate a client on linux completely.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.