Xibo Player for Tizen and TLS Version

Witch TLS Version is the Browser of the Tizen player using?

We have issues with Webserver wich need TLS 1.3 & 1.2, so we have to use TLS 1.1
Is is possible to switch the Tizen player to minimum TLS 1.2, better 1.3?

Hi SteveH, welcome to the community!

The Samsung smart signage displays that support the Xibo for Tizen player use TLS 1.2 or higher by default. This is handled automatically so does not require any configuration.

Many Thanks,

Hi DanBW,

thanks for your reply, in that case i’m wondering why Xibo Tizen does not display a Website with TLS1.2 and when i set it to TLS1.1 it is working?

Im also wondering and maybe it has something to do with: When i test the Browser of the actual Tizen R306 with a Website that reads the Browser Information ( e.g. Platform.js v1.3.5 · demo)
it says, its Safari v4 (wich is very old 2005-2010), we are actually at V16.
Why is the Tixen Player using such an old Safari? And does this really support TLS1.2?

Gest Regards
Stephan

HI @SteveH

It sounds like we will need to dig a little deeper into this issue. Please can you open a ticket on the help desk so we can continue to troubleshoot from there?

When you open the ticket, please provide the URL for your webpage that only works when set to TLS 1.1. We’ll need to forward this to the developers for further investigation.

I suspect the browser information being returned is not correct. I am aware that the Samsung signage displays use Chromium, the version varies depending on the model you are using.

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.