Xibo on Sony Bravia Pro Series Android displays

Hello,

Does anyone have experience running Xibo on the Sony Bravia Pro series ?

Sony FW-65BZ40H

Model no - BRAVIA VH 1

We are facing a very unfamiliar issue.

1. the display is able to register with no issues
  2. default layout plays with no issues
  3. when we change the default layout or schedule a layout :

we see the content being sent to the display from the cms “manage”. 100% successful download for the files and data, however the layout will not change/show. No matter when we do we are unable to play anything apart from the default layout. Same behaviour when we reset the display and try to get things working again.

Our cms is running fine on all other devices, android - windows - Philips displays - panasoni displays etc. We seem to only be facing this issue with the Sony displays.

I do suspect it has something to do with the storage of the display. As the manufacturer says the display has 16 GB memory, however when we access the storage available under settings, we see only 4GB.

Our setup is the below :

CMS : 1.8.13 (Self hosted)
Player : Android V108

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi XiboFan4282.

I can see the Sony Z40H is running Android 9, so it should work with the Xibo for Android player. There are improvements for later Android versions that were added to the player in later player releases. Please can you instead try installing R217 or R310 so we can see if these players resolve your issue? Ideally I would recommend installing R310, as that is the latest player version at the time I’m writing this message.

Many Thanks.

Thank you Dan. V3 player worked as expected on the display.

Regards,

Excellent, I was hoping that the newer player version would perform better on your display. Thank you for the update on the issue, I hope you find the performance meets your requirements.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.