Xibo offline with Android Smart Box?

Hello,
digital signage is new to me, but I would like to implement it in small format.

I would like to install a digital signage to display (pictures/videos, news, events) in our clubhouse.

We do not have any internet there - only my android smartphone with wifi. So it needs to work offline.

The hardware:

1 „old“ Monitor
1 X96 Mini S905W Smart TV Box with Android 7 (or an Raspberry Pi 3b+)

I would like to develop with the CMS and then download via wifi to the Digital Signage Player

Changes (dates, news or pictures) i would like to transfer - once a week - from the smartphone (client) to the player.

How can I implement this. Is it possible to install Xibo cms and player on just one device and how?

Thanks for tips and hints and sorry for my english :slight_smile:

regards
andreas

You can’t install the CMS and the Player on the Android box, but you could do a weekly update via wifi tethering if you wanted.

You’d need a Cloud CMS (or CMS hosted somewhere else on the internet), and you’d connect the Player to that CMS.

You’d then schedule your content on an “Always” schedule. Once the content is downloaded, you can disconnect the Player from the network and it will continue to show that cached content.

Then during the week, you make whatever updates you want to make to the content in the CMS, and then when you’re finished, you turn on the wifi hotspot on your phone and allow the Player to connect to the internet.

It will then download any updated content, and begin showing the update. I’d suggest also restarting the device at that point (while there is wifi connectivity) to ensure that it refreshes its software licence.

You can then disconnect the wifi tether for another week.

In terms of a device, we wouldn’t recommend either of those devices. The S905W will likely work, but it’s not a recommended device. If you have it already, then by all means use the free trial to see if it works to your requirements.

Otherwise we’d suggest something from our recommended hardware list: