XIBO - Message from webpage

Hello,

Yesterday our XIBO clients running XIBO player began to display the error message “message from webpage this error has been reported to google” which has stopped us displaying any notices from our google drive share.

I have tried updating our XIBO clients to the latest windows update, drivers and software to make sure these were not causing the issue. I have began to look at the latest XIBO version 1.7 but my team members are not to keen on updating XIBO due to breaking all our layouts last time they updated XIBO.

Has anyone had this issue before? or now how to fix this issue presented from google drive?,

Many Thanks
-Swainy

What CMS / player versions are you currently using please?

you can try to use IE 11 and make this registry change Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

Or just install IE 11 and Xibo for Windows 1.7.8 (it will make this registry change during installation)

Not sure what could’ve changed since it was working for you before.
Are there any errors in CMS logs (with debugging enabled of course) and/or on a player status window?

Hello Peter,

We are using CMS/Player version 1.4.2, where would the CMS logs be stored?, I am not the original person to setup our XIBO server. The only error we receive from XIBO player is This error has been reported to Google and we’ll look into it as soon as possible. Please reload this page to continue.

Many Thanks
-Swainy

Right, well 1.4.2 is a really old release, we’d strongly recommend upgrade to 1.7.8 (both CMS and players).

Unless you’re using discontinued python client (not recommended) in which case upgrade at least to 1.6.4.

To be fair I don’t remember much about 1.4.2 CMS version, I’d imagine there was a ‘Logs’ page somewhere (you’d need to also enable debugging for logs to show up there - My apologies, but I can’t check that for you to tell you where exactly are those settings - I don’t have access to any 1.4.2 CMS instance).

Usually when you press ‘i’ on your keyboard that should bring up the status window on Xibo for Windows player.
I’m not sure if it was like that in 1.4.2 though.

You can still try the IE11 and that registry change I mentioned, perhaps it will help.