Xibo freezes on 2 tvs. Android media players

I have two tv’s running VANKYO MatrixBox X95A 4K Android TV Box, Ultra HD 2GB RAM 16GB ROM TV Streaming Player w/ Amlogic S905W 64 Bits Quad Core Processor, media players on Lan not wifi 24/7.
One or the other keeps freezing requiring me to power down and then power up and the player will reset and run xibo just fine tell the next time.

I’m using Xibo Content Management System cloud hosted by xibo. All works great except this freezing problem.

VANKYO MatrixBox X95A 4K Android TV Box (specs below)

Product Features
ROM: 2GB DDR3
RAM: 16GB EMMC FLASH
Power Supply: DC 5V 2A
CPU: Amlogic Quad core Cortex A53 2.0GHz 64bit
GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750MHz
Power Indicator (LED): Blue(ON); RED(Standby status)
3D: Hardware 3D graphics acceleration
HDD File System FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
High Definition Video Output: 4K*2K@30Hz
LAN: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45
Wireless: Support 802.11 a/b/g/n at 2.4GHz

More Supports
Support Airplay/DLNA/Miracast
Support Decoder Format: HDMPEG1/2/4, H.265,4K-HD, HD AVC/VC-1, RM/RMVB, XVID/DIVX3/4/5/6, REAL VIDEO 8/9/10
Support Media Format:
AVI/RM/RMVB/TS/VOB/MKV/MOV/ISO/WMV/ASF/FLV/DAT/MPG/MPEG
Support Music Format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/DDP/FLAC/APE
Support Photo Format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
Support Language: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian and more.

Ne

Is there no help for this and I have missed something?

Hi dhbc, please excuse the delayed reply to your query.

Please provide the following information about your Android Displays:

• What version of the Xibo for Android are you running?
  • What kind of content is on your Layouts?
  • Are you seeing any errors in the Logs for that Display in your CMS?

Many Thanks.

•What version of the Xibo for Android are you running?
android 2-202
•What kind of content is on your Layouts?
1 region showing videos, 1 region showing slideshow images, 1 region showing text’s and images and 1 region showing a clock and text’s
•Are you seeing any errors in the Logs for that Display in your CMS?

Not sure how to get the errors logs? If there are any.

I’m new to the signage world and loving it. What I have setup for our church lobby displays is fantastic, but they keep freezing up.
Thank you for the help
Bill

Thank you for answering my questions. Regarding the possible errors that are being logged, in your screenshot you can go to the General tab and make sure the the Interval is set to Hours and the duration back is set to a high enough value to capture any errors during the period that you have seen the Players frozen.

If this does not reveal any errors for your Players, I would also like to see a screenshot of the Status logs for those Players. You can access the Status logs by going to your VANKYO MatrixBox X95A devices, click the ok or select button on the remote while the Xibo Player is running and choose Status from the menu that appears at the top of the screen. You may wish to obscure the CMS Address in the screenshot before posting or you can send it to me directly in a Private message so I can see the details.

Many Thanks.

Here is the status report from the front monitor - VANKYO MatrixBox X95A

Thank you for your reply and the screenshots of the Status Logs. I can see that you have 464 failed concurrent connection attempts, which suggests there is something not right with the network connection between your Player and CMS. You also appear to have 664 logs ready to be sent from your player to your CMS, again suggesting there is an issue with the net connection.

You are also receiving error logs confirming that an address cannot be resolved currently. What is the remote resource you are using in your Layout? Can you export a copy of your Layout please and provide a download link in a Private message? I would like to take a closer look at this Layout and schedule it on my own Display to see if the performance is the same.

Many Thanks.

Sent you a private message as requested
Thank you